• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

I really like this.
6mDuCU5.jpg
Who does the makeup? While its nothing special fx wise,its very suiting for the lens of this pic.

:rofl: You hear me talking all camera guy.

What a jerk.

Thanks for the info Rawkstah.   My biggest thing is that I want my 35 to be 35,and 85 to be 85,etc... The image quality isn't big for me because I will always be a hack. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it. Sucks because when I do find time to tinker around,it is as good of a release as any other hobby I have had.
sicman said:
I really like this.
6mDuCU5.jpg
Who does the makeup? While its nothing special fx wise,its very suiting for the lens of this pic.

:rofl: You hear me talking all camera guy.

What a jerk.

Where have all the reg posters been? You and Scovie are usually posting pics of hooved beasts. This thread was moving for awhile. Seems to have died off.

Pr0digal_son said:
Does anyone here shoot full frame? I know we have a few pros here.Also,can you give me enough good reasons to drop 2500-3k for a FF body.

I dont know what brand you use but Canon has the 6D for about $1500 body only. It's full frame. Cheapest one out there as far as I know.

Pr0digal_son said:
Does anyone here shoot full frame? I know we have a few pros here.Also,can you give me enough good reasons to drop 2500-3k for a FF body.

The Sony A7 is VERY tempting.  For $1500 it looks to be a very capable camera.  It's not perfect, but is the first FF camera that will make proper use of all my old Canon FD glass.  (This in itself is worth more than the purchase price.)

At work we have a breeding pair of Masked Lapwings that have built a nest on one of our sheds. They are very aggressive and 'dive bomb' anyone that gets within range ... so, enough is enough, these damn birds need to be shot ................. with a camera!

Doing laps, scoping out his 'bombing run':
oOk9ow8.jpg

Course plotted, he banks hard left to acquire his target (AKA me):
mgGl0vJ.jpg

He releases his payload of a 2000lb JDAM machine gun like YACK YACK YACK sound to drive back the hapless infidel (me):
HZwmsFs.jpg

Check out the rather large spurs on his wings! OUCH!

Went for a moderate hike Sunday to a remote canyon in the SE Arizona mountains called Ash Creek.  I'm still limping a bit, with my chronically sore ankle joint feeling rather pissed at the world, but the hike and scenery were well worth it.
Big Toothed Maples, sumac, aspen and more were all in various stages of fall color.

1846.jpg

1813.jpg

StuartH said:
No was going for catfish...

Cool mate. They are popular here when the temperature gets high in the summer. I know carp are a big deal in the UK,that is why I asked. Didn't look like you were rigged up for perch.... :P

Pr0digal_son said:

Cool mate. They are popular here when the temperature gets high in the summer. I know carp are a big deal in the UK,that is why I asked. Didn't look like you were rigged up for perch.... :P

Lol no we were trying to catch some small roach as bait and kept getting bloody perch!! Off to try for some carp next week as getting too cold here now for the cats.

Today is 17 November 2014.

Temperature when we got up was 13.3F/-10.39C

Then This Guy showed up on the frozen feeder-
IMG_3846 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3846.JPG

the temperature was-
IMG_3847.JPG

Jumped right up and put out fresh juice for the little one.  About an hour later, he came back and has been sucking down the juice all day.

Temps have been below freezing for a couple weeks and we haven't seen a hummingbird in 2 months.  This happened a couple years ago also.  One lone straggler hung around for 3 days guzzling up the sugar then was gone.  Tomorrow I'll put the feeder out on a plate warmer to keep it and the bird warm.

Back