• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Pinoy83's one last try!!!2015...Aquaponics(Golden Hawaiian Tilapias)

Awesome project, Jericson!  I love how you have everything
out in the warm Hawai'ian sun!

Mitch_from_OZ said:
Looking great! Keen on these updates. Is the top of your gravel damp? If so, you might have algae issues. Water level needs to be about 1-2 inches below gravel. Are you using the flood and drain system? Also, can we have more pics of the fish ;) (Asking a lot, I know!)
its dry, i just misted them when i got home to re-freshen them from being in the sun all day, yes my water level is around 1 to 2 inches below my cinders...and yes im using the flood drain system but havent timed how long it fills and drain lol, but im pretty sure fill up is around 10 to 15mins and drain is around 3mins, i have 1inch and half drain pipe that im using 

heres the fish

germ tray on my aquaponics stays moist and humid

another bulb opening from my aquaponic hibiscus

babies growing in my aquaponics

black scorpion tongue loading more flowers

7pot douglah podding up 

babies growing by end of the month they will receive there first home brewed tea

PaulG said:
Awesome project, Jericson!  I love how you have everything
out in the warm Hawai'ian sun!
thanks pauly...this past week its been cold lately well for us its cold around 70 degrees at night, good thing sun goes out still even with this crazy weather were having right now

my backyard...hoping to be lively again

Mitch_from_OZ said:
thanks very much for the info and the pics! You are doing an awesome job. I am just thinking of a way I can create an aquaponics system out the back without the Mrs disowning me ;)
your welcome and thanks...just tell her you gonna raise fish for you guys to eat  at the same time growing vegetables  :party:
Tomatoes loading up

My Kratky Method bok choy

bokchoys in the ground flowering

Looking extremely good brah... You're gonna have to stake your tomatoes up with something sturdier than those wimpy bamboo stakes... the weight of the branches is bending 'em over. Nice job!

Saweeeeet, Jericson!  Your backyard garden is just beautiful.  
You have it so nice and tidy, everything looks just where it belongs.

I hope your season continues to be good and no mites show up!

stickman said:
Looking extremely good brah... You're gonna have to stake your tomatoes up with something sturdier than those wimpy bamboo stakes... the weight of the branches is bending 'em over. Nice job!
thanks ricky...yea lol i need to get fatter stake and need to cover them with bird net soon before the damn birds gets it before me...

PaulG said:
Saweeeeet, Jericson!  Your backyard garden is just beautiful.  
You have it so nice and tidy, everything looks just where it belongs.

I hope your season continues to be good and no mites show up!
thanks pauly, my yard is unorganized not like yours its crazy BEAutiful lol, i need to be more OCD
yea mites and weevils is killing me, im gonna try a new approach for pests ill be using diatomaceous earth food grade this time

and another 2 weeks is done time to change water and nutes

and my poop factory buddy for my worm bin and for worm tea mix

The bunny is too cute.  Great nitrogen source!

I don't think your garden is disorganized, just very efficient!

The aquaponics unit is a gem, Jericson!

Great results   :clap:

Back