• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Pinoy83's one last try!!!2015...Aquaponics(Golden Hawaiian Tilapias)

Looking good brah! Just got back to the mainland, ive been in Kona visiting my family. What about that crazy rain for 2 weeks?! All the vegetation got a good drink! Glad to see you back in action!

Islander said:
Looking good brah! Just got back to the mainland, ive been in Kona visiting my family. What about that crazy rain for 2 weeks?! All the vegetation got a good drink! Glad to see you back in action!
thanxxxx brahhh.... yea crazy rain and its been to damn cold for the last 3weeks, yea im gonna try again after my infestation, and i got wiped real good

my mini yard

mater

Damn!! The Ahi Tower! I definitely tore up some Poke last week!! They dont have any Island food in the mainland, so when im back home I chow down! Lol

Islander said:
Damn!! The Ahi Tower! I definitely tore up some Poke last week!! They dont have any Island food in the mainland, so when im back home I chow down! Lol
lol yep...you need to stop by at taniokas in waipahu freshest of the freshest fish, always busy 24/7 lol

Good stuff going on here Jericson!

And now Asparagus! We're in our second season, they really do much better. Nice thick shoots ;) We only ate a few :shh:

Looks like your aquaponics unit is doing very well.

Great grow going there, Jericson!

Plus one on what Paul said... Asparagus is a slow grower, so don't over-harvest for a few years. They like fertile, but well-drained soil... we grow them in sandy river-bottom land here. That's a Monsker 'Mater brah! Just the thing for making hot sauces and cutting into salads! Your aquaculture rig is looking great too. Keep up the good work!

Devv said:
Good stuff going on here Jericson!

And now Asparagus! We're in our second season, they really do much better. Nice thick shoots ;) We only ate a few :shh:
how come my asparagus came out thin  :mope:
PaulG said:
Looks like your aquaponics unit is doing very well.

Great grow going there, Jericson!
thanks pauly
stickman said:
Plus one on what Paul said... Asparagus is a slow grower, so don't over-harvest for a few years. They like fertile, but well-drained soil... we grow them in sandy river-bottom land here. That's a Monsker 'Mater brah! Just the thing for making hot sauces and cutting into salads! Your aquaculture rig is looking great too. Keep up the good work!
thanks rickyy, asparagus popped, but it came out skinny and tall, mater keeps on growing, aquaponics is doing ok so far, but lots of deficiencies on plants, i dont wanna play with the Ph of my tank for now, since still pretty much new 

time to use this bad boyzzz

D3monic said:
Asparagus will be skinny at the start, cut them short and they get thicker and thicker. It grows wild all over the country here. 

+1 on that... Asparagus is a slow grower, so it takes it a while before stalks thicken up. If you started with a 1-year-old Asparagus "crown" they recommend you not harvest for the first 2 years to allow the plant to grow out its fleshy roots. The plant needs a dormant period, so I'm not sure how well it'll do in your climate without intervention... maybe you can simulate winter by putting the pot with the plant in a walk-in cooler for a few weeks before bringing it back outside to start growing again. http://www.organicgardening.com/learn-and-grow/how-to-grow-asparagus?page=0,0

That new pump is money, Jericson.  Stand back!

And those are stunning Hibiscus blossoms.  Just gorgeous!

stickman said:

+1 on that... Asparagus is a slow grower, so it takes it a while before stalks thicken up. If you started with a 1-year-old Asparagus "crown" they recommend you not harvest for the first 2 years to allow the plant to grow out its fleshy roots. The plant needs a dormant period, so I'm not sure how well it'll do in your climate without intervention... maybe you can simulate winter by putting the pot with the plant in a walk-in cooler for a few weeks before bringing it back outside to start growing again. http://www.organicgardening.com/learn-and-grow/how-to-grow-asparagus?page=0,0
so should i just keep trimming them down, i dont have a walk in cooler at home,
PaulG said:
That new pump is money, Jericson.  Stand back!

And those are stunning Hibiscus blossoms.  Just gorgeous!
yea its blasting lol
time to get busy

6 more hours before juicing my whole yard 

Man, you've always got sumtin' goin' on, my friend!

Haha, I was just going to ask how many hours a day you spend with your garden/grow!

PaulG said:
Haha, I was just going to ask how many hours a day you spend with your garden/grow!
lol this is my first time spending all day outside my yard, and i get dark in less than 5mins outside lol, i take 10mins break from time to time hehehe

Back