• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Pinoy83's one last try!!!2015...Aquaponics(Golden Hawaiian Tilapias)

The plants will rock your grow, now that they are in new gallons.

Pinoy83 said:
so should i just keep trimming them down, i dont have a walk in cooler at home,

Nope... you should let them grow out naturally for the first two years and don't trim them at all. They need all the photosynthesizing surface area they can get while growing out their roots. Once that's accomplished you can start cutting... lightly at first, and more often as the plant matures. The season ends here in early June. Because the plant needs to photosynthesize and store food for the spring push, we stop harvesting then and allow the stalks to fully grow and leaf out for the rest of the season. When we get hard frost in the Fall, we cut the stalks off flush with the ground to keep the beds tidy and get rid of any Asparagus Beetle eggs that may be on the plants, and in spring it all starts again. Being in the restaurant trade I knew you'd have access to walk-in coolers. I was hoping that your boss would be understanding about you keeping a 5 gallon pot or two in one if you kept them covered with plastic so the space stayed clean.

Nice pile of potting soil! I'm hoping it does you proud and makes for a great growing season. Cheers!

PaulG said:
The plants will rock your grow, now that they are in new gallons.
hopefully lol

stickman said:

Nope... you should let them grow out naturally for the first two years and don't trim them at all. They need all the photosynthesizing surface area they can get while growing out their roots. Once that's accomplished you can start cutting... lightly at first, and more often as the plant matures. The season ends here in early June. Because the plant needs to photosynthesize and store food for the spring push, we stop harvesting then and allow the stalks to fully grow and leaf out for the rest of the season. When we get hard frost in the Fall, we cut the stalks off flush with the ground to keep the beds tidy and get rid of any Asparagus Beetle eggs that may be on the plants, and in spring it all starts again. Being in the restaurant trade I knew you'd have access to walk-in coolers. I was hoping that your boss would be understanding about you keeping a 5 gallon pot or two in one if you kept them covered with plastic so the space stayed clean.

Nice pile of potting soil! I'm hoping it does you proud and makes for a great growing season. Cheers!
cool thanks, should i just keep them in containers

[url=http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/jericson2213/media/2015-04-12%2016.57.20_zpshzsv6h8l.jpg.html]

[/URL]

panorama

7pot douglah

Nulle said:
Do you have seeds from those gorgeous Hibiscus flowers? I'd love to buy some :P
you can get some seeds here, its auction they will have another auction in 6days i think

http://internationalhibiscussociety.org/new/

Awesome Dougie, Jericson.  They are a great one!

URFA biber...in kratky bucket...

aerogarden babies....full mode hardening

backups

aquaponics

PaulG said:
Awesome Dougie, Jericson.  They are a great one!
thanks paulllly...shes been infested by aphids, damn ants keep bringing them in
Noah Yates said:
Beautiful work... you appear to be a master gardener!!
thanks noah, just a gardener not a master lol

Woah, Jericson, your aquaponics unit is really functioning in an awesome way!  
Looks just great.  Good to see the AeroGarden babies out getting hardened off.  
Looks like we will have five days of great hardening off weather starting tomorrow!  
I may even be able to leave the plants out overnight with lows forecast for high 40's.  
It's been around 50 in the greenhouse at night.

time to test this new toy....

PaulG said:
Woah, Jericson, your aquaponics unit is really functioning in an awesome way!  
Looks just great.  Good to see the AeroGarden babies out getting hardened off.  
Looks like we will have five days of great hardening off weather starting tomorrow!  
I may even be able to leave the plants out overnight with lows forecast for high 40's.  
It's been around 50 in the greenhouse at night.
thanks pauly...still figuring out the aquaponics, hopefully i get it all cycled, ph still high getting nute lockout in some plants, but its growing so thats a good sign lol, yea those babies they getting there almost after that i can put them on a spot were 10hrs of sun hits daily, nice starting to harden now also, its getting hotter here in hawaii everytime i come home all leafs are drooping lol

Awesome light box, there, my friend!

You have a lot of stuff to juggle, but I sense that you will
dominate the grow with a little tweaking here and there!

Got love the Hawai'i climate!

First off let me say your Glog is awesome photos and all. Nice! I was just looking at that same LED unit the other day. Can't wait to see how it works out for you. I just started my first Aerogarden. Hoping to transplant to soil as you did. I was going to ask you few questions on the topic, but it was all in your Glog.

Thanks for sharing and good luck.

Chuck

PaulG said:
Awesome light box, there, my friend!

You have a lot of stuff to juggle, but I sense that you will
dominate the grow with a little tweaking here and there!

Got love the Hawai'i climate!
thanks pauly, yea i think im starting to understand the system now, still high in ph but thats given to a new system, but yellowing leafs already stopped i added some potassium sulfate, been eating the greens also in my grow bed fresh pick is really good lol,

love the climate hate the birds lol
OCD Chilehead said:
First off let me say your Glog is awesome photos and all. Nice! I was just looking at that same LED unit the other day. Can't wait to see how it works out for you. I just started my first Aerogarden. Hoping to transplant to soil as you did. I was going to ask you few questions on the topic, but it was all in your Glog.

Thanks for sharing and good luck.

Chuck
thanks chuck, good to know that my glog can help some people with there aerogardens lol, yea the LED is brighhttt, i got mine at amazon,
miso soy tofu soup,with wakame seaweed, chili leafs in aerogarden, pok choy bok choy green onions in aquaponics, 3ggs, 1 soft tofu, sautéed garlic and onion.....and fresh ramen

babies got another haircut and now to try there new toy

panorama outside my yard

Hawaiian Ghost 

Dang that light looks bright. What wattage is it? Looks perfect for starters. I'm thinking of one for starters and use it at the end of my season for OW and bonchi grow. That soup looks good. I love the tofu when it absorbs all the flavors. Snow here today, so it looks especially good right about now. Nice pics.

OCD Chilehead said:
Dang that light looks bright. What wattage is it? Looks perfect for starters. I'm thinking of one for starters and use it at the end of my season for OW and bonchi grow. That soup looks good. I love the tofu when it absorbs all the flavors. Snow here today, so it looks especially good right about now. Nice pics.
it is bright, i need a mylar to cover the front, since my shelf is outside my living room lol, yea they good for starters, but ill be installing my 2 10gallon totes and grow salad greens, i got so much pests outside i dont want my salad greens to be infested as well, wow there still snow down there
Aquaponics...

aerogarden babies...on full swing....

other babies in 15g condos

maters

OCD Chilehead said:
Very nice. Those Aerogarden plants look like they adjusted well. Aquaponics looks to be coming right along as well. Job well done.
thanks chuck, yea the aerogarden babies looks very happy now after there first taste of full Hawaiian sun, 
backyard getting crowded 

garlic inside my aquaponics

harvest after harvest...tomatoes keep on ripening, leafs cant catch up turning yellow,

aerogarden babies, fully settled....

Back