• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plant Pyschology

Does anyone else talk to their plants?

What do you say?

I talk to mine. I use the same low and positive tone that I use with our cats (one of whom is half-feral and responds well to quiet warm voices).

I talk to my plants every day and tell them that they are growing well and Im very proud of them.

Its the only "new-age" thing I do but I think it might have a positive effect on their growth.

Nothing new age about it my friend there a living being like you and react to fluctuations in weather,Sound and many other influences so talking to them isn't potty plenty of research done
to say the opposite :hell:

I show mine strange black blotches on paper and ask they what they see.

My flowering Bhut Jalokia told me it saw a burnt arse!

tony05 said:
I show mine strange black blotches on paper and ask they what they see.

My flowering Bhut Jalokia told me it saw a burnt arse!

ROFL..mine says give me more water you tight Bas```d :D

my superhots took forever to fruit this year and just before they started fruiting I told them I brought them into this world and I could take them out just as quick if they didn't start producing...

AlabamaJack said:
my superhots took forever to fruit this year and just before they started fruiting I told them I brought them into this world and I could take them out just as quick if they didn't start producing...

Well A.J its certainly worked and i bet its come on lads keep producing or its the compost heap for us...

AlabamaJack said:

Works perfectly with Ficus benjamini! Threaten them with the dust bin and they won't lose any leaves no more!

AlabamaJack said:

Ahh ..
That made me laugh and cleared my nose out.
Come home, yell at the wife, yell at the kids, kick the pets(not the snake), cuss out the plants, and plop down in the chair, yelling "Where's my dinner insert derogatory name here?"
Or ask the plants, "How's it going Dudes?" or "Get in my lungs".

Can't believe I'm admitting this. Yes, I talk to my pepper plants. Baby talk. Something like "How's my widdle baby's doing today?" "Does 'ems need anything?" And so on. The Bhut Jolokias get treated like mobsters though, lots of respect, and fear. I'm not a complete idiot. :)

patrick said:
Can't believe I'm admitting this. Yes, I talk to my pepper plants. Baby talk. Something like "How's my widdle baby's doing today?" "Does 'ems need anything?" And so on. The Bhut Jolokias get treated like mobsters though, lots of respect, and fear. I'm not a complete idiot. ;)

:)
others-205.gif

AlabamaJack said:

Is that "tough love" for plants, AJ? I read once that plants are far more developed than we give them credit for. It's even been proven in 'scientific' studies that they communicate with each other telepathically. Read a book called "The Secret Life of Plants" and you'll see what I'm talking about. I am also not a new-age kind of person, for the record, but I like to believe that plants can pick up our moods and thoughts and respond to the warm fuzzy feelings we have for them. Otherwise, I've also read that the plants just like the carbon dioxide we breathe on them as we talk.

All of this just proves one thing: I read too much! :mouthonfire:

Has anyone considered bringing their plant into the bedroom to act as an observer while you are making love to your partner? Surely that would aid in pod production? :lol:

*DISCLAIMER* --- I have not tried this!

MiLK_MaN said:
Has anyone considered bringing their plant into the bedroom to act as an observer while you are making love to your partner? Surely that would aid in pod production? :P

*DISCLAIMER* --- I have not tried this!

:lol: :lol:

Well, I talk to my plants almost everyday, telling them they are doing good, asking a few of them to try to produce more. I even pet them on occasion. I've also hugged trees on a very many occasion. They're energy hugs you back if you are in tune with nature enough.

I also thank my plants every I pick them for providing me with food. I very much make a point to ask if I can pick them if it's something psycadelic related, then if I get a yes back I explain what I'm going to do then do it.

Back