• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pods Ripe

This overcast weather is slowing down the ripening so it may be a few more days until the first one is ready for a taste test. It's my biggest plant - up to my shoulder including the container - and it's getting more flowers in the canopy now. I hope they set pods for me. Just picked 3 babay hornworms off it too. Grrrr...

Almost forgot, I do have another chocolate variety - the Congo Brown, but it's an even later start than Long Choc. :(
Me want chocolate!

POTAWIE said:
How do you like the Jamaican red. It looks just like the pa353 that I grew a few years ago, which I really enjoyed

Potawie,yes,it was a pretty nice pepper.The plant unfortunately succombed to some sort of problem.due I assume to extremely high rainfall amounts in a couple weeks.I cut it back and repotted,hopefully I'll get some more.

First ripe Jamaican Hot Chocolate Pod.

Tell me this pod isn't COOL looking :cool::

JamaicanHotChoc_RipePod_071.jpg

:lol:

Hope you don't mind me posting a few...here are some ripe pods

Trinidad Scorpion

071009b006.jpg

Ristra Cayenne

071009b017.jpg

Foodarama Scotch Bonnet

071009b009.jpg

Jamaican Scotch Bonnet

071009b011.jpg

The scotch bonnets taste wonderful fresh off the vine...I ate one with my meal Thursday and it had a fantastic taste and pretty good burn...

AlabamaJack said:
Hope you don't mind me posting a few...here are some ripe pods

The scotch bonnets taste wonderful fresh off the vine...I ate one with my meal Thursday and it had a fantastic taste and pretty good burn...

Great looking pods! Those Scotch Bonnets do look tasty...and :onfire:

Thanks Vladan,that one is definately from off the beaten path!
Here's a couple more,not to unusual.
Red Paper Lantern
3714786893_1faf336a5c_b.jpg

Grenada Seasoning Red
3715594878_58ef5f8274_b.jpg

Picked my first 6 long choc habs the other day. The first 2 (lowest node) were kind of strange - one has a reddish area, the other still has a green tip that wo't go away. The next node peppers are the nicer looking ones.

ChocPlate.jpg

c.

patrick said:
Great looking pods bigt.

Thanks P! I really like the taste of them. Smokey flavor w/o gut bomb heat.

caroltlw said:
Picked my first 6 long choc habs the other day. The first 2 (lowest node) were kind of strange - one has a reddish area, the other still has a green tip that wo't go away. The next node peppers are the nicer looking ones.

ChocPlate.jpg

c.

I've grown Chocolate Habs the last two years Carol, although not the long kind. They've all pretty much had that red tinge stage before turning a deep chocolate color. Still one of my favorite habs, even if they are blisteringly hot. You'll see that red on the inside when sliced open too. Those pods you have are very nice looking.

Some Red Savina pods ripening up. I haven't yet tried this pepper, but I've been looking forward to it and plan to taste one today. I have two Red Savina plants(hotpeppa seeds) and neither is very tall, but they are starting to spread out and are making lots of pods. Most of these pods will be converted to powder.

redsavina24july001.jpg

We had thunderstorms here last night and everything was still wet this morning.
redsavina24july018.jpg

I was supposed to take a pic of my first ripe pepper pod evuh ( haitian goat pepper ) But it was to beautiful and it went into my super hot hot sauce. I've got more on the plant that just need to ripen so. we'll just wait.

Beautiful pods, all of you. AJ is there much of a difference in heat or flavor of your different Scotch Bonnets?

Back