• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pods Ripe

Agreed, Carol your plants are looking wicked!

PRF the sauce looks great. Don't think I'd have the nerve to try it though.

I think I figured out the "yellow" hab. I cut them open and the seeds were all immature and brown, so they must have harvested a bunch of greenies and ripened them artificially or just let them sit a while with the riper ones. No wonder I don't get that color by letting them ripen before picking! Still makes a pretty picture though.

This is more of a harvest than ripe pods...
pickledJals.jpg

2 quarts of pickled green jalapeno. There's another half-eaten pint in the fridge, not to mention all the poppers etc. and 2 blenders of fresh salsa that have been consumed. I pick them at the cracked green stage until later in the season.

Nacho slices were the whole reason we (I) got started on this pepper growing thang. I spilled some jalapeno-vinegar brine on my hand today. Yowsa! It's :hot: to the lips and tongue when I lick the burning spot between my fingers.

I'm so envious. I can't wait until next February to plant again. Nice pods everyone. Especially those white habs Carol

they look like candy when pot together like that, or some sweet and very exotic fruit, put some of them in a nice bowl and trick people, good candid camera :P

Not fully ripe, but close.

First-Almost-Ripe-Chili-061.jpg

Limon pod and the plant literally has 100+ more on it. These things look like little heat poppers!!!! Can't wait to try.

PeteyPepper said:
Not fully ripe, but close.

Limon pod and the plant literally has 100+ more on it. These things look like little heat poppers!!!! Can't wait to try.

I'm growing that one too Petey. Same as Aji Lemon, right? I have a few buds forming too, but nothing as far along as you have. Kind of a tall skinny plant so far. The peppers are supposed to taste great.

Very pretty. Good to know they will be big producers since I limited myself to 3 of them after the Great Pepper Plant Purge of '09.

bigt said:
Kind of a tall skinny plant so far.

Mine too, but I thought that was because they were some of my late starts and they got a bad spell of overcast weather at a critical stage. I have pods but not near ripe yet.

bigt said:
I'm growing that one too Petey. Same as Aji Lemon, right? I have a few buds forming too, but nothing as far along as you have. Kind of a tall skinny plant so far. The peppers are supposed to taste great.

I don't know t. My plant is more like a bush as opposed to tall and skinny. Has tons of little one inch pods on it. I think that you may be growing Aji Lemon whereas I am growing the Aji Limon.

Here is a pic of my Aji Limon from mid-May:

Limon2_051909.jpg

PeteyPepper said:
I don't know t. My plant is more like a bush as opposed to tall and skinny. Has tons of little one inch pods on it. I think that you may be growing Aji Lemon whereas I am growing the Aji Limon.

Yeah, that whole aji lemon/limon/hab thing is confusing. I just checked my flowers/pods and my limons are baccatum too, like my lemon drops. I'll have to see how much difference there is or if it's a case of same plant by a different name.

I may get shot for saying this but I didn't like the taste of the Lemon Drop...I liked the Aji Lemon much better...

My Aji Lemons last year were tall and skinny to start with but by September they were very bushy and produced tons...

PeteyPepper said:

Mine definitely looks different. Big leaves at base.

AlabamaJack said:
I may get shot for saying this but I didn't like the taste of the Lemon Drop...I liked the Aji Lemon much better...

My Aji Lemons last year were tall and skinny to start with but by September they were very bushy and produced tons...

AJ - I think that's the way mine are headed as well.

PeteyPepper said:
The one that I am growing, Aji Limon, is Chinense. I believe that the lemon drop or Aji Lemon in Baactuum.

I got my seeds from Hippy and he describes it as a Baccatum.

"Aji Lemon (Capsicum baccatum)

Originally from Ecuador or Peru, this fruit ripen from Green to a pure Lemon Yellow. The Pod is small and measures 5 – 7 cm long, when dried this chilli becomes wrinkled and tapered. The fruits have a strong citrus overtone, Goes really well with Seafood"

Back