• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Post Your Crappy Spicy Food

Hey y'all.

Been thinkin' about this one for a few weeks now. I know some of y'all eat some really ghetto stuff and from time to time I do also. I'm quite sure some of y'all have seen some of my posted pics and thought to yourself..."Daaaaaang TB! That looks like ass!" So recently I got to thinkin'. Yeah I know thats dangerous. 

I know for a fact y'all eat some weird sheeit-o-meter stuff. I betcha' dollah's to donut's there's a few of y'all that you've cooked up only the finest .25 cent on sale Ramen and thought it would be goodern ' hell if only it had a can of pork n' beans mixed up in it. And of course adding some hot powder and/or hot sauce makes it completely legit.

So this is the thread where y'all all come clean and posty your most mangled sickening crap that you've made and eaten.

A few rules for posting.

1. Tell us about the ingredients used.

2. Post the spiceenescxt. A heat ingredient is mandatory!

3. Words without a pic to back it up are worthless. Pics are mandatory!

4. Absolutely no foo foo in this thread but its more than cool and the gang to describe it as such.

5. This is supposed to be a fun but revealing thread. Lets just have fun.

We that's it then.

Let me start this train wreck of a thread.

The other night I had some leftover pasta my friend Chico made with anchovies, capers, tomato, chiles, and some other stuff. Didn't have really enough to make a meal size portion so I added some other ingredients. 

Microwave radiated leftover orcchiette pasta putanesca with only the finest hand opened bag of generic frozen peas and carrots with topped with sour cream and jalapeno tomato vinaigrette reduction.

Too bad I had all the decent sized bowls running in the dishwasher.

So I opted to serve this delectable culinary delight up in only the best doggy fine china. Gracias missylou.

Sure it looks like something missylou ate and then barfed up but it was dang tasty y'all!

As the stuff was being microwaved the smell of the anchovies from the leftover sauce in the pasta started really smelling up the house. mrs. blues hollah' at me from down the hall in her office from where she was working.

"Something is stinkin' to high heaven in there. Would you please take out the garbage for the love of GOD!!!!"

So what y'all got?

Leftover little smokie's wrapped in soggy wonder bread and baked in the oven with globs of velveeta on top? 

4 day old meatloaf nacho's?

Post it up and let us rate just how bad it truly is.

Now get on it.

And save the holier than thou crap that you never eat stuff like this because we KNOW YOU DO!

Ever body knows Jay shaves with 3 day old leftover hot dog water.

Pie spices in chili, at first, sounds disgusting... but the nutmeg, mace, and cinnamon may give it a mole type taste.

Oh hell no, it's just disgusting. :lol:

Ramen instead of the spag... you should have just added the toothpaste to it. :lol:

i hate ramen. ive ate my share in the past. But believe it or not even pimps stil eat it once and a while but we pimp it so bad you have to hang the whole stall up.

i like to add teriyaki sauce,blue cheese dressing,several kind of cheese including slice cheese :confused: garlic,black pepper,buddy's taco sauce some l.d.h.s black and a whole  lot of booze before i even think about making this crap ;)

Dang, sic……. 

There really isn't anything else to say at this point. Dang, sic……  :sick:

The Hot Pepper said:
Pie spices in chili, at first, sounds disgusting... but the nutmeg, mace, and cinnamon may give it a mole type taste.

Oh hell no, it's just disgusting. :lol:

Ramen instead of the spag... you should have just added the toothpaste to it. :lol:

Not sure how I missed this one. Having grown up in TX, you might think I dislike Cincy-style chili, but no. It's GOOD stuff, when made right. I think the biggest problem people have is associating some spices with sweetness. But, for example, cinnamon on its own is not sweet. Yours truly has made chili with dark chocolate, blueberries and lavender in it - sounds strange if you can't dissociate it from sweet things, but it was quite good.

sicman said:
i like to add teriyaki sauce,blue cheese dressing,several kind of cheese including slice cheese :confused: garlic,black pepper,buddy's taco sauce some l.d.h.s black and a whole  lot of booze before i even think about making this crap ;)

LOL!!!!!!

You make it sound like that is your go-to recipe that you use all the time!!  HAHAHA!!!

You da man, Sic!

texas blues said:
I'm tryin' to wrap my noggin' around the whole teriyaki/bluecheese/taco sauce combo.

I give it a 9 out of 10 on the ole' weird shit-o-meter.
dont wrap to hard. its awesome the flavors are bold with such a powerful after bite that your tounge almost backs down into your throat. "i dont even know what im saying anymore :rofl: "

SumOfMyBits said:

You should patent this recipe as cologne. 
i like the way you think good Sir.   if im drunk enough when i eat it most of it falls into my mountain delicious beard and that kind of acts like a cologne.

frydad4 said:

LOL!!!!!!

You make it sound like that is your go-to recipe that you use all the time!!  HAHAHA!!!
You da man, Sic!
believe it our not. thats about how ive been eating ramen for years. a little switch up here and there but you get the point.

randyp said:
  For the love of God,please tell us you did not find that under your car seat and ate it. :surprised:
what is that suppose to mean?  you got a problem with awesome :rofl:

Time to resurrect that thread!
I wanted to make something nice, i even tried to plate it decently (though i suck at it and i don't care), just i didn't put into account that main stuff looked liked vomit.

So i call that spicy gourmet crappy food!

I used leftovers from my last piadine that were still ok.  Copy paste on how i cooked meat:
"As usually slowly pan fried onions, then added the following spices:
salt, grated black pepper, chopped garlic cloves, cracked cilantro seeds, cinnamon, turmeric, carnation cloves, grated nutmeg, oregano, wild thyme, wild juniper berries, 
Cinnamon standed out as flavour.
For heat: deseeded and chopped 1 fatalli, 1 choco bhut and 1 moruga red.
Added chopped tomato and cooked for a bit then the beef, cooked more, then beans.
Cooked slowly till drying and fast cooked in the end with Sauvignon.
Some evo in the end after cooking."
Also some onions and tomato:
iqqhXBnPeOzS6.jpg

Then i added following cheeses: some sheep cheese, 1 formaggino (consider it more or less a kraft single, just different in shape), Asiago, another kind of Asiago, Maasdam, Gorgonzola. I was in doubt if use some butter but i've chosen to live. Also i didn't noticed i actually had Kraft Singles, oherwise 1 for sure would been here.
Slowly cooked in  the pan.
In the meantime i roasted 3 pieces of bread.
Here at the end with grated Grana Padano and Cengia (don't even try to check info about that cheese, you won't find, it's similar to an aged Asiago. Very local stuff).
ibb3CSs5sSyzmX.jpg

So i rubbed with garlic bread while was very hot and built the dish:
iJIzJ4KOmeXlt.jpg

ibg8s3yQQNJjvC.jpg

That really looks crappy!!!

ibqmFxRWL0EgJg.jpg

The yellow stuff on the bread isn't evo, it's rubbed garlic!!!

But, men, that was really really good!

I concur.

That looks like barf-o-rama.

Like you drank too much and inhaled the dish and then puked it up for the pic.

Garlic bread is a nice touch.

Actually, I had no problems with the appearance of it until the very last pic. Up to that point looked like what I'm sure all of us (except Joyners, of course) have made at one time or another in the middle of a work week - just slap something together because we're HUNGRY NOW. 

If you really want to try to top sic's post, you might consider throwing it all into a blender…. just sayin'!  :lol:

Well, not really thought to compete with Sic masterpiece! :rofl:
Btw i hate the other half today for lunch at work, cold of course (i just hate to reheat cheese). Looking was nearly better... Taste not for sure.

Back