• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Potawie's early progress 2010

Reisentraube literally translates to 'giant bunch of grapes' from what she told me.

That's what the description says too but lost German member Chiliac told me in the past that this is not the true translation so I was believing him. Chiliac where did you mysteriously go? I sure hope he's OK!

TinyTims
I've grown a lot of tiny Tims over the years. They are good producers and don't need full sunlight, but the flavor is just OK in my opinion

3191918269_a4c13042a8.jpg

POTAWIE --

I've only ever grown larger indeterminate tomatoes, so I got in the habit of pruning the suckers and training to a single main stem.

Doesn't look like you do this for the cherries that I've seen pics of. Do you just let them go and do their own thing? Or do you do any pruning of suckers at all?

For me it all depends on the variety. With TinyTims and shorter, bushier cherry types I don't usually remove any suckers and try to encourage bushiness while other types I grow like sungold really grow tall quickly and seem to do well with or without suckering, depending on how they are supported

A couple new pics to share

Chupetinha loaded with pods
4711920703_b448edab5f.jpg

Sahuaro growing quicker than anything else this year
4714094090_674a250172.jpg

"Butcher" pepper
4711920713_5701cd9785.jpg

Caribbean red just potted up after being bonsaid for the winter
4714094092_cfd7186e02.jpg

WTF do you feed your plants? lol. I just don't know how you do it. :) They must be in the greenhouse really early to kick out pods like that. I live near a commercial greenhouse overwintering some peppers that don't have anywhere near so many pods. Wow is all I can say.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I mainly use my greenhouse April/May and then again in Sept/Oct

Here's a few more pics from this morning

Overwintered Kapowie arrowhead shape
4711920691_eba38258b8.jpg

Hard to see but pods everywhere
4713983759_503f919177.jpg

I believe this is a dwarfed and overwintered yellow 7, although I lost the label and am not positive
4711920709_f3bdc28e04.jpg

I have to second Chris's comments, those things are really producing pods, damn POTAWIE! Plus I freaking love the trunks on that possible yellow 7. You ever have any monkeys swinging through? Best of luck to you bro.

awesome pod action on the Chupetinha. Those overwintered stems are crazy too. You certainly know how to make the plants work for you, and not the other way around!

man oh man...all I got to say Derek...looks like you are off to another banner year...

are you still having any issues with the deer?

Only a few deer around this time of year. They prefer the farm fields over the forests now but I still have to watch my tomatoes. I also made a new pepper and pumpkin garden out in the back 40 far away from the house and I saw 2 deer eying it a few days ago so I'm on watch. I just got my "scarecrow" motion detector sprinkler working again, but as I mentioned once or twice before its main purpose seems to be soaking drunken friends :)

cool man...it always brings a smile to my face when I think about your story of the doe eating the habanero and then never coming back...

Back