• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Potawie's early progress 2010

Finally got some good rain on the weekend, now I just have to find time to till the rest of my gardens and finish planting and mulching but I really have no need to rush things since we're about 3 weeks ahead of most years

My main tomato garden about half planted
4678232169_dbc61dfc57.jpg

Macsca sarga really producing although pods are getting smaller as the amount of pods increase
4678875424_22fbc02804.jpg

Chinese 5 color
4678232171_c12c053847.jpg

My f1 hybrids WHIPPETT'S TAIL*CHINESE 5 COLOR started very late from early cross
4663540968_c7846d4a97.jpg

My only descent Rosa bianca eggplant. Others are small due to aphid attacks
4663479614_a8fa88b21a.jpg

Lots of Anaheim/ Numex types
4663479622_2c64b46644.jpg

Reisentraube loaded with hundreds of cherry tomatoes
4663479604_97aba2071b.jpg

4663479610_4083990851.jpg

I'm not a huge cherry tomato eater to be honest. I grow sungolds for myself but the reisentraubes have been rated well by my friends and family around Potawie-land and I just love the way they produce in huge trusses. The one problem is they can sometimes just fall off the vine, probably due to sensitivity to cold weather
I've also read "These tomatoes are often used in making tomato wine" and might want to try that someday if I get ambitious:)

Very nice plants and fruit loads POTAWIE. :)

That Whippett x 5 Color sounds like an interesting cross. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Wow !! Everything looks SO nice POTAWIE ..... Your part of the world looks nice. In the background I can see all those trees. In my part of Texas it was prairie land ..... flat and wind blown . So every tree you see here was planted. There is even a little lake close to me that has a sign " One Thousand Trees Down This Road " .

You really have a lot growing ..... how many tomatoes this year ?

And thanks for the tour of your Greenhouse along with all the info.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

POTAWIE said:
My only descent Rosa bianca eggplant. Others are small due to aphid attacks
4663479614_a8fa88b21a.jpg

Lots of Anaheim/ Numex types
4663479622_2c64b46644.jpg

Reisentraube loaded with hundreds of cherry tomatoes
4663479604_97aba2071b.jpg

4663479610_4083990851.jpg

That wood you have in there looks like pressure treated. Is it?

Its a great tiller, I traded in my front tine tiller for this rear tine unit and its sooo much easier to work with and better results not having tire marks going through freshly tilled soil. With flat ground I can actually run it with one hand:)

I'm not a huge cherry tomato eater to be honest. I grow sungolds for myself but the reisentraubes have been rated well by my friends and family around Potawie-land and I just love the way they produce in huge trusses. The one problem is they can sometimes just fall off the vine, probably due to sensitivity to cold weather
I've also read "These tomatoes are often used in making tomato wine" and might want to try that someday if I get ambitious:)

I've heard that they produce loads of cherries too. In fact, my gf's mother is German, and Reisentraube literally translates to 'giant bunch of grapes' from what she told me. I've also read that one plant produces more than enough in a single season. Good thing I just took three sucker cuttings to put my total up to 9 of these! :rofl:

Nice plants Derek!

Be interesting how that whippets tail cross turns out. Love growing tomato plants too. Picked up a tiny tim cherry to try out. Have you ever grown than one?
Looking forward to see what else your growing.

Back