• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds PRF seed tray '09

Now that the Superbowl is over and the Steelers won again it's time to get dirty. Just removed the domes from my first real seed trays of 2009! All super hots mostly Trinidad varieties and lots of different habaneros. I just moved the these trays under the MH this morning. Will takes pics to document the growth under the HID for a couple weeks. Day 1.
IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

looking good PRF...just out of curiosity, if you wanted 5 plants of a certain variety, how many seeds would you plant to insure you get those 5 good plants?

The way I figure it is less than half of my seedlings will ever make it to adulthood. I planted 9 cell of each variety and will thin them down to about 6 plants when I move them to cups. I will again thin them down to 4 or 5 plants each when I grow outside. I lose a few everytime I pot up to larger containers.;)

Nice pics as usual. Those mirrors have to help. I think the ones you chuck are better than the ones I keep. :-)

Very nice my friend, I just starting some my self bunch different variety hope for the best that they all germinate.

Thanks Cappy...we do the same thing...or close anyway...

Day 9. Things really stating to move along. Most interesting is the different growth of each pepper even at such an early age. All cells have been thinned to one plant. Been having a little heat issue this week but all is fine.
IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Most interesting is the different growth of each pepper even at such an early age.

Yea it is quite noticeable. There are two large groupings towards the top. What varieties are those? What variety are the plants between the two large groupings?

The two quickest varieties so far are the Cappicino Hab and the Yellow T. Scorpion. Next are the Yellow Hab and Carribean Red Hab. The slowest are the Bih and Bhut Jolokias and all Chocolate C. Chinense(Hab and Scotch Bonnet).

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
The two quickest varieties so far are the Cappicino Hab and the Yellow T. Scorpion. Next are the Yellow Hab and Carribean Red Hab. The slowest are the Bih and Bhut Jolokias and all Chocolate C. Chinense(Hab and Scotch Bonnet).

That is similar to how mine are going. 2 of my yellow scorpions are up, while the bhuts and chocolate habs haven't shown any sings of life. I have several other varieties going but I figure I will wait to list them when I start a thread of my grow.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
The slowest are the Bih and Bhut Jolokias and all Chocolate C. Chinense(Hab and Scotch Bonnet).

Are all habs slower than everything else? Or is it Chinese in general? Or chocolate varieties. I really need to start my choc habs but I've got a full light box at the moment. I'm wishing I hadn't started my annuums first, but I didn't want to risk losing the seeds I got from others by starting them when too early. Next year will be more organized. I think.
c.

Carol...the only thing I have started so far is chinense and won't start any annuums for another couple of weeks....I noticed last year that the annuums grew a lot faster than the chinense so this year I changed things up a bit...and I still have to plant tomato seeds...

Hey Cappy...I was wondering why my Chocolate Fataliis (from peppermania) were growing so quickly...I found it listed as Chocolate Fatalii X on their website...I am wondering if this is a cross ?

Back