Product Testers FOUND for new product

Thanks Eaphus for the great discussions. This is a very interesting conversation, and I hope it keeps going.

EDIT-
sheesh- I got so distracted with the discussions, I forgot to post this-

I forgot to include the questionaire in the boxes that were shipped out. I had all the boxes sealed up and was half-way through labeleing before I realized I forgot the questionaire. I'll send it to everyone via PM and you can reply via email or PM. Thanks again, everyone.

tentative label- (name still under consideration)
2c0c39ab.gif

I say leave it alone. The 1 out of 500 people you are targeting is most likely a chilehead already used to that kind of name and going to buy it for what it is not the name, OR a person asking for the hottest thing you have to give as a gift and probably not even looking at or caring about the name anyway. The discussion we have been having would be more geared toward a sauce you are looking to go mainstream with which I am pretty sure this particular product is not.

CJ and I were just talking about what we would put it in...
V-8, "ready made" BBQ Sauce, Pickles, Dilly beans, Pickled Cauliflower / Arteechoke hearts, store bought Salsa, chili, marinara, Soups, Sour Cream, etc. etc. etc.
I like the V-8 idea, I drink a lot of that stuff.
Extreme heat w/o the flavor of anything! GENEOUS!

More names...
Group Tightener.
Ego Sifter.
Leggo my Dropper!
One for me Two for you.
Liquid Capsai-Sun.
Pure Evil.

yeah... the last one....

exactly, JayT. most of the people who eat mild/medium salsa don't even know what capsaicin ,let alone what an extract sauce tastes like.
Hubby and I just put one drop in some medium heat pear sauce, put it over leftover turkey and stuffing. Heat but no chile flavor. This is so weird to work with~

How about Gut Wrench because I am sure from what you are saying if an idiot was to down it like a sauce it would turn their guts. :hell:
In fact I am regretting not getting in on a bottle of it. Sitting here thinking of the pranks I could have pulled with people at work and the family and friends. With the just heat and not the flavor I could act all innocent. I am picturing a group burger dosed in the fast food bag and sitting back to see who gets it. :mouthonfire:

If you want to market to a wider audience, I agree that the Pure Evil might be worth at least pondering. In a denotative sense, I can see it being offputting to a certain segment in certain parts of the country. Don't know what your distro is. If it's in the PNW and NE (as you and THP are in) then I wouldn't even trouble yourself. That being said, it doesn't bother ME a bit, though I'm personally fond of "Instant Heat", or something related to how easy it is to CONTROL heat or ratchet it up in a controlled fashion. Something both catchy and more descriptive of the product itself.

Thermal Runaway? Flame On? Melting Point? Liquid Fire? Liquid Sun? TURN it UP!!! Hell, I dunno.

Just brainstorming...

Good luck, no matter what you go with.

How does one obtain one?

What about Succubus?

The silky white product looks innocent and alluring, but when consumed, is pure evil. Also it is manufactured by a female.

How 'bout...

White Widow

Logo = white spider. Story for the White Widow is similar to the black, but instead of consuming the male after mating, the White Widow will consume your insides after ingesting. Something like that.

I suggest clear bottles, not blue, the white liquid is cool.

Also ties into the female aspect, for SL.

Having internet problems,sorry
I have not resonded.

Will get back to all soon.

HSL

How 'bout...

White Widow

Logo = white spider. Story for the White Widow is similar to the black, but instead of consuming the male after mating, the White Widow will consume your insides after ingesting. Something like that.

I suggest clear bottles, not blue, the white liquid is cool.

Also ties into the female aspect, for SL.

I personally dig this one a lot. Love the idea of the transparent bottles, too.

hey y'all, I'm back on temporarily. Had to go to town to get a wi-fi at a restaurant. Sorry for the horrible typing last night, I was standing at the bedroom window holding the blackberry at just the right angle to get a cell signal. :crazy:

Most of the packages went out Friday. The rest will be in the mail Monday. As I said, I forgot the questionaires, so I'll send them to each of you directly.

Thanks for everyone's interest.

I will be using clear bottles, probably with a label similar to what I posted above with black and red. Should look pretty cool. Still some good names being suggested also. And I think, if my calculations are correct, it should be around 4 million Scoville. I'm checking on labs that can do HPLC testing.

Woo hoo. Just went to the post office and there it was. Now I have to decide how I am going to attack it. Will report back soon.

I went ahead and tried out the "Pure Evil" in a couple of different ways. First off I did an accidental skin test while smelling the bottle. My nose still has a very mild burn going on.

Then I decided to add 2 drops to one ounce of Sriracha. I gave it a try and that is exactly what I would want in an additive. It made my favorite everyday hot sauce into an even better version of itself and in no way altered the flavor.

Last, because I just couldn't resist, I dropped one drop directly on my tongue to see how hot it really is. Here is the video:

Got mine today as well. Will test it out tomorrow as I have a horrible headache today. Might make oatmeal tomorrow morning just to try it out in

Nice video Nmorris. I received mine in the mail today as well. Thank you SL! I will try it on a few different things and give a review in the next couple of days. Can't wait to see how versatile this is going to be.
hell.gif

Thanks, guys. Questionaires are PM'd.

nmorris, you didn't squirm at all, so that tells me it can definitely be hotter. I can quadruple or more the heat. Looking forward to more comments.

I sent out the rest of them today, including one to Canada and one to South Korea (wow! that's cool!)

SL: I got the Pure Evil in the mail today and the questionnaire that I'm going to fill out tomorrow after I give this additive some more use. I made some southwestern chicken chili tonight and made it extremely mild so I could really see how this affects the heat level. I cautiously put 2 drops into the large bowl that I had for dinner, mixed it up and tasted it; there was virtually no heat, so I added 4 more drops and tasted again. This time I could taste some heat to it, but it was still a lot more mild than I wanted it. My intention was to get my dish up to the level where it would be if I put 1 superhot into a 4 quart pot of chili (very spicy but not unbearable). I added 4 more drops to my bowl of chili, tasted it again, and the heat level was perfect. Despite the smell of vodka or everclear coming out of the bottle when you smell it, it didn't affect the flavor of the chili at all after 10 drops. This product would definitely be nice to take to family outings where you know the food is going to be on the bland side. The only thing that would make it better would be to maybe amp up the heat a little bit. I put a drop on my tongue about an hour after dinner, and got some nice throat burn when I swallowed, but I didn't get much burn at all on my tongue. It could have been that I scorched my taste buds a little bit eating that chili, so I'm going to try another straight drop tomorrow along with trying some in a V8. Thanks for offering these up for us to test for you!

Back