• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Purple Thunder / Bhut Jolokia x (PdN x Bonda Ma Jacques)

I have decided to start a dedicated Grow Log for
the Purple Thunder Bhut Jolokia hybrid.

It made its first appearance in 2015:
"This coloration might be the result of the intense
light on these red Bhuts, but only 2/6 show the trait.
If it is a cross,the only purple-y plant near the bhut
was Trippa's Mystery Cross. All of these seeds from
the same pod:"

_DSC2559.jpg

Last edited:
Glen_ said:
Those are very super purple seedlings.  Look great.  I have BJH 3's, 2's and mystery's growing.  Mine are now beginning to produce.  The best producers now are BJH 3's.  One of those is an all green speciman that is producing more now than the others.
The most attractive plant I have in my opinion is a Mystery and its just now beginning to produce prolificly.  Plants are getting very big.  Seems like all plants show diversity of fruit presentation.  My plants are going to need a lot of staking as some are going to be heavy with chili's.

+1.  Great to hear how well things are going. Hopefully I'll have similar strong results!  :)

Maybe I should have planted those 3's though  :(

Apologies for the minimal-progress update, but this oddball seems to be doing OK:

cotys-and-roots.jpg

Even managed to pop a root out the bottom of his rockwool cube! So now he's got a water reservoir to reach into, and when he starts on his first true leaves, I'll give him some weak nutes to munch on.

Gonna need to restock the hydro juice soon with all these kids growing. Fortunately, I doubt there's been a run on that. ;)

internationalfish said:
Apologies for the minimal-progress update, but this oddball seems to be doing OK:

Even managed to pop a root out the bottom of his rockwool cube! So now he's got a water reservoir to reach into, and when he starts on his first true leaves, I'll give him some weak nutes to munch on.

Gonna need to restock the hydro juice soon with all these kids growing. Fortunately, I doubt there's been a run on that. ;)

Alright, ‘Fish, looks like it is going to make it!

I have a few pics ;)

All are in 15 gallon bags on the East side of the fence. A bit wind damaged but thriving.

Trip-purple:
1.jpg

Thunder Mystery:

2.jpg

Trip White:

3.jpg

Thunder 3

4.jpg

Thunder 2

5.jpg

I have 2 of each, the others are in the dirt..

All looking good, Scott. I hope you get some cool
Spring weather so those flower and pod up for 
you before the summer heat kicks in.

PaulG said:
All looking good, Scott. I hope you get some cool
Spring weather so those flower and pod up for 
you before the summer heat kicks in.
Thanks Paul, Bryan, and Joe,

It was so warm early, I had them outside by March10th or so. Pods are setting and plenty of flowers.

Here are the gals in the dirt:

Thunder Mystery

7.jpg

Trip-white

8.jpg

Thunder 2

9.jpg

Thunder 3

10.jpg

Trip-purple

11.jpg

Ma nature sure has been stingy rain-wise so far!

Devv said:
Thanks Paul, Bryan, and Joe,

It was so warm early, I had them outside by March10th or so. Pods are setting and plenty of flowers.
Ma nature sure has been stingy rain-wise so far!

Those are just awesome in their dirt homes, buddy! 

Looks like it will be a good season for them. We've had
a few dry spells here, too, although I suspect we will
have lots more rain before summer gets here.

PtMD989 said:
Hey GPR, did you get on the Purple Thunder train? All the Cool Kids are in [emoji41]. And me [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha I did last year, unfortunately the postal system cracked every seed I believe. I’ll have to look and see if there’s any I didn’t attempt to germinate. They look awesome and I’m always amazed at Paul’s plants and pods, lets go find Paul’s love letter haha  :rofl:

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
Looky what I found, looks like try #2 is gonna go down soon  :onfire:

https://i.imgur.com/fyVBQxS.jpg
cant get imgur to cooperate, sorry guys

Those are the Trippaul Threat cross, GPR.
I can send some more recent seeds.

If you want some Purple Thunder seeds, PM me
and I'll get some in the mail right away.

PaulG said:

Those are the Trippaul Threat cross, GPR.
I can send some more recent seeds.

If you want some Purple Thunder seeds, PM me
and I'll get some in the mail right away.

oh your right, I missed the Bhut jolokia x part. That’s awesome of you brother, first I’m gonna see if I can get one of these to germinate but I’d be down for the next gen (to get the gens further along faster) I’d isolate seeds and send back to ya too.  :onfire: 

this is first year grow too ain’t it?

oh your right, I missed the Bhut jolokia x part. That’s awesome of you brother, first I’m gonna see if I can get one of these to germinate but I’d be down for the next gen (to get the gens further along faster) I’d isolate seeds and send back to ya too.  :onfire: 

this is first year grow too ain’t it?

The Trippaul Threat are in F8 generation.

The Purple Thunder are in the F3, if I
remember correctly.

I figured the trips were f8, F3 nice for these. I’ll have to do a search for pod looks

just went thru here and wow bro, what a grow. Lovin the ghost shapes that are prevalent throughout the phenos 
:onfire:   :woohoo:

Thanks for taking a good look. Hopefully there
will be lots of good stuff in this community grow
log this season.

Back