• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

randyp SW Iowa 2015 not corn grow.

Time to knock the dust off the keypad and practice with the camera I got at the end of last season.My seed list is ready but still needs taken down a bit.I will say (judy) is going to have her own section in my garden and Hence forth shall be stated in my updates as(The Judy Wing).Also I have some seeds from my good buddy Dew(thanks Scott).One more shout out to Chris(Joyners powders friggin rock)as I will be introducing his ""Mystery Wine""to some good old dark Iowa soil.
    Alabama Jack,your puree basic recipe is the one I now will be using to preserve peppers for sauces that I don't dry,send to our friends on this site or torment my people at the factory with.It's so simple that I can move your numbers up or down and get the same results.I will be doing a better job this year on weights and measurements to not only help me but anyone checking in so if they see something I need to adjust,we have accurate numbers to go by.
   Starting nursery first week of March,plant out date first week of May.
All will be from seed this year.My first two years I bought some live plants,after I did my first start with seeds last year,I found they were more prepared and thrived because they had been in my control from the start.I do think highly of"chiliplants"and would send anyone looking for a healthy plant or new types to consult them.
      I look forward to watch other glogs,as we fight the weather,bugs,and other thing's the Wrath of God sends our way.
   Good luck to all.
 Randy
P.s
  If I can get my seed from the "Growdown"to be as tall as the corn here I will be a happy man. :party:

Puree --
2100 gr  peppers
1260 ml wht,vinegar
2tbls sea salt
7tbls honey

I found my new roaster perfect for this,as i ruin more pans trying to cook on a burner.(get a good one)
Use nothing but plastic utensils,I set temp at 275 degrees and adjusted up or down according to my simmer.
cooked down just a bit not 1/3rd for this batch.I am still toying with what works for me.
Waterbath jars.This made 3qts and 1pt(i will never,never cook puree or any heavy on the peppers stuff in the house again.lesson learned.)
thanks again AJ
2015-01-18 005.JPG

2015-01-18 006.JPG

2015-01-18 007.JPG

2015-01-18 009.JPG

2015-01-18 010.JPG

Plants look great Randy . Can't wait to see multiple harvest shots soon !!!!!!

Got anything planned for the smoker this weekend ? I think you have me craving a nice smoked Boston butt  :fireball:

stickman said:
Nice haul from brother Jamie! What are you gonna do with it? :drooling:
   Hi Rick,yea I am getting the guys at work buttered up with those smoothe wonderful tasting pods.Then I can do the ole Bait and switch,knocking the whole lot of them to their knees.lol

romy6 said:
 Plants look great Randy . Can't wait to see multiple harvest shots soon !!!!!!

Got anything planned for the smoker this weekend ? I think you have me craving a nice smoked Boston butt  :fireball:
   Thanks for dropping in Jamie.I have chicken smoking for lunch.nothing special buddy.But beats the hell out of a cold sandwich.
P6260002.jpg

Random pics from today
P6260027.jpg

P6260026.jpg

P6260017.jpg

P6260016.jpg

P6260025.jpg

P6260009.jpg

P6260024.jpg

randyp said:
   Hi Rick,yea I am getting the guys at work buttered up with those smoothe wonderful tasting pods.Then I can do the ole Bait and switch,knocking the whole lot of them to their knees.lol

Thanks for dropping in Jamie.I have chicken smoking for lunch.nothing special buddy.But beats the hell out of a cold sandwich.

You are an evil, evil man Randy... Lol! Nice pics too!

randyp said:

attachicon.gif
P6260002.jpg
Random pics from today
attachicon.gif
P6260027.jpg
attachicon.gif
P6260026.jpg
attachicon.gif
P6260017.jpg
attachicon.gif
P6260016.jpg
attachicon.gif
P6260025.jpg
attachicon.gif
P6260009.jpg
attachicon.gif
P6260024.jpg
Looking great! Looks like you got a mega bloom on that tomato? Everything is taking off for you!

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Plants, pods, tomatoes, beds, chicken... All looking fantastic! 
      Thanks Carl.The plants have hopefully built deep enough Roots to handle the heat this week,I dont want to have to save their butts with the shade cloth.,

Back