• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Red Savina Peppers

I've never had the red savina but have had the caribbean red. most dealers say go with the caribbean red since the red savina has copy rights on it & both are about the same, or I'm wrong on that ? but the caribbean red does have great flavor & heat.

I agree very hot and nice flavor.

The red Savina has nice flavor for making Hot Sauce I've been using the orange habaneros all heat which is nice but I'm looking for some flavor to!

chilehunter said:
I've never had the red savina but have had the caribbean red. most dealers say go with the caribbean red since the red savina has copy rights on it & both are about the same, or I'm wrong on that ? but the caribbean red does have great flavor & heat.

Fairly spot on mr hunter....mmmm red savina!

Red Savina was one of the first habs I had, and remains one of my favorites. I love them roasted or smoked for sauce and salsa.

The patent or whatever it was ran out on the Red Savinas last year.

Only the name is copyrighted from what I hear.

Now our local nursery is selling plants and so are seed companies selling seeds.
No rediculous royalty to pay if you sell the seeds,pods or plants according to what I have read and heard since last year.
Red Savina plants go for $1.69 each down the street.

Caribbean reds are sold a lot of times as red savinas I think.
I've seen plants that I'd swear were Caribbean reds but were sold as Red savinas.
Red Savinas taste different to me than Caribbean reds.
A little hotter too I'd say.
They also have that smell...

I like them both.

My Savina

img5415zz8.jpg

Back