• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

RedEyes grow log!!!!! NEW

ok this my new grow tent i have 2 250watts = 500 watts in there... they are air cooled.. the tent is 2x4x8... i will be putting in a driping system also.. i will be posting up more ... :lol:
001-1.jpg

Very nice man I hope to finish my small hydro project tomorrow and then in a few months make a larger chamber almost exactly like yours but with 400w. Are you planning on doing any topping or other training to keep them short? Looks good though good luck

I dont know, but dont you think thats a little overkill since the plants are not even growing yet ? & even when they're still small I dont think you need both lights going & racking up your electric bill, window light could work just as good for a short time until they're a certain height & then put them under the lights & let them grow like crazy.

i plan on putting more than just 4 buckets in there... not sure if i will be going with the same size or go with some of my old buckets i have laying around here... i have to go back to the store in ways ...

I'm with chilihunter - 500 watts for eight square feet sounds like you want to donate money to your utility company as well as grow peppers.

Mike

that is only 62.5 watts per sq ft.... that is not bad at all!!! one is a MH and the other light is HPS... i use a 2bulb T-5 light for germ.well atleast i will have a winter grow!!!!:lol: i dont look at it for wasting $$$ as long as i get something out of it, then i am happy !!!

Nice set up was wondering what you where growing in there to,Thought it might be a little mama high :lol:

Should certainly be a warm environment as well as a bright one.

Don't forget they like some dark time each day too.

redeyes said:
that is only 62.5 watts per sq ft.... that is not bad at all!!! one is a MH and the other light is HPS... i use a 2bulb T-5 light for germ.well atleast i will have a winter grow!!!!:) i dont look at it for wasting $$$ as long as i get something out of it, then i am happy !!!

Hey man I didn't see that you are from San Antonio. Did you get your supplies at Texas Hydroponics? If not where did you find those lights cause I'm working on getting a larger setup with an HPS light soon I'm just shopping for good deals. Welcome to the boards man.

Txclosetgrower said:
Hey man I didn't see that you are from San Antonio. Did you get your supplies at Texas Hydroponics? If not where did you find those lights cause I'm working on getting a larger setup with an HPS light soon I'm just shopping for good deals. Welcome to the boards man.

lol man yeah i am from SA bro and yes i got everything you see at texas hydro and i got 2 2x2 hydro systems from there at the same time big tom is the guy that hooked me up he is a cool cat.. he ownes the stores your best bet would be to talk to him but the other guys are cool also but i just think you will get a better deal by talking to big tom....we only have have 1 store here in San antonio and i dont care for the guy to much now if your looking for good light... i have got all my light from texas hydro and they work great... but i got this 600watt hps DIGITAL ballast and it is real nice cant even here running the ballast does not get hot and it is super light... and i got here.. http://www.htgsupply.com/productsubcategories.asp?categoryID=3 it was a good deal my other buddy got it first then i saw it and i had to get 1 to try out... the tent is also temp controlled so all the fans kick on to cool it down ..i have it set on 78F ... the lights will be on 20hrs for the veg... then later on i will put them on 12hrs on and 12hrs off for flower. i will be using GH nutrients also ...

redeyes said:
the lights will be on 20hrs for the veg... then later on i will put them on 12hrs on and 12hrs off for flower. i will be using GH nutrients also ...

Hey man for peppers you don't have to swap the light cycle for veg/flower. about 16 to 18 hrs per light per day the whole season for peppers if i'm not mistaken.

And htgsupply is what i was looking at, they have a 400w HPS light + cool tube for right about $200.

You're right though, cool guys at texas hydro I bullshit with them every time I have to go pick up supplies.

yeah i think you are right on that TX !!!we will see how it goes last time i did peppers and other veggies i did 12/12... maybe i will get more flowers on there if the plants stayed on veg like 18hrs???

here is a 2 pics 10 buckets in there i think i can get some more along the sides we will see... i also got all the drip lines ready togo...
002-1.jpg
001-2.jpg
:hell:

Back