• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

RedEyes grow log!!!!! NEW

I can't quite figure out these lights. Are they touching the soil?
graphi1543.jpg

Looks like you have a nice set-up there.
graphi1544.jpg
:D

lol nice guys :hell:!!! the light is setting on the top of the buckets... i am just germ.. some seeds with that T-5 light... it will be gone very soon

@redeyes:

I think you'll find that 10 plants is going to be way too much for that area. Like you, I have a grow tent in the garage with a single 600W HPS lamp. I originally had 12 x 300mm pots in there, they all grew very successfully.

In fact... too successfully. I quickly found that I was unable to have all the pots remain in the tent due to how thick and tangled the foliage became. In the end, I had to reduce it to about 6 x 300mm plants, with a gap in between pots.

Now, you can either do the same as me, and reduce the number of pots in the tent, or you can try and manage the foliage a bit better (which I didnt do) by ensuring you direct the plant to grow up by cutting all side foliage. From what I understand, this is the prefered method by commercial greenhouse owners, something I didn't realise when I first started.

Was this a consideration you had at all?

redeyes said:
lol nice guys :lol:!!! the light is setting on the top of the buckets... i am just germ.. some seeds with that T-5 light... it will be gone very soon

What kind of T-5 is that?

lol yeah man i will train them... i have done this before but in small buckets in a 2x4 hydro system with a 1000watter and i had other stuff with it this will be my first time doing just all peppers and my first time using the tent.. you have more light in there than i do.. i think everything will be fine .. i have alot of head room in there also.. my wife said 8... and i thought fill it up, i dont want any dead space that would be wasting space and light !!!!

TX, 2bulb 2ft i think i got it from ebay... cant remember.... i use it just for grem... it works great for that but the bigger T-5's are the sh*t!!!! you need to get 1 or at least go check them out in person bro...

redeyes said:
TX, 2bulb 2ft i think i got it from ebay... cant remember.... i use it just for grem... it works great for that but the bigger T-5's are the sh*t!!!! you need to get 1 or at least go check them out in person bro...

http://www.texashydroponics.com/shop/files/thumbnails/t_2649.jpg

I have 2 two foot single T-5 lights I got from texas hydroponics for like 27 bucks a piece. Actually got them for christmas lol. They work great for starting peppers check out my ghetto setup for holding them Not trying to jack your thread w/ pics but you gotta see lol
3004285508_b58fa82a5b_o.jpg

lol milk crate + dremel = light stand. They stay way cold enough to just sit right on the plastic
3003449869_ff84a28f6f_o.jpg

work great :D

i ended up giving a lot of those away to my friend's dad last year and he grew some f'ing red savinas. He tried one unknowingly ;)

so yah t-5s work great for peppers, keep them close as hell like you're doing and you'll be happy with results

;)looking good MAN !! how many weeks are they??? i will have a update soon i just now getting some popping up and i will have pics real soon maybe wed-thurs..later

here is a few pics of whats going on now... i have 10 buckets + 2 on the side which 1 is going into the big bucket... all have there own drip line the 2 on the side do not have anything i have to water by hand ... things are looking ok i will keep you posted as they get bigger just not much to see right now...
004-1.jpg
005.jpg
006-2.jpg

You're doing coco w/ a drip system? When you water do you let some run to waste or do you recycle the waste water? I'm thinking of using coco in pots with my indoor peppers, so I can't wait to see your results.

i let it run for like 4mins every other day and it sits in water for 1 day... it is a soilless mix pre made... that 1 has coco in it.... it came from somthing else i had laying around ...

here is a update they are around 2weeks old and they look ok.. in some of the pics you can see the leafs are all wrinkle up ... any idea why they look like that ???
001-4.jpg
500.jpg
501.jpg
502.jpg

ok here is a few pics of what i have outside still ... and i got a few pods on there and it keeps flowering as you can see in some the pics... they are all jalap..i hope they will be ripeing up before we get are first freeze... well enjoy ..
001-5.jpg
002-4.jpg
33.jpg
004-2.jpg

Nice man, up here it's not the temps that are screwing me its the hours of sunlight. I have an east facing balcony so even during the summer I don't get a full day sun, now I barely get like 4 hours so everything is yellowing.

Your plants in hydro looking pretty good too. You think that leaf curl is from switching to HPS light? They look healthy otherwise, they'll grow out of it no doubt. My peppers always look somewhat assy at the beginning of the season then are fine once they get bigger.

I'll be starting seeds this week for my indoor peppers hopefully :)

here is an update. there is a pic with all my nutes i use to grow peppers with... i added a new bucket in the room as you can see .. there will be green onions and swiss chard lights in the long green bucket.. i am going for small baby swiss in there...it says 28 days to harvest baby swiss.. so we will see and they say they grow back to harvest again...
004-3.jpg
007-2.jpg
008-1.jpg
009-1.jpg

Myself I think it may be a 34 support system. Thay are very supportive when in public and when things are hanging that need a lil suport. lol very nice set up

Back