• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

River Pics from last weekends trip!

Thought I would share so pics of the river from last weekend!
Nothing special just a boring old river lol
nb1.jpg

nb2.jpg

nb3.jpg

nb5.jpg

tsk. tsk. tsk. Such pretty pics and not one steely, brownie or even a carp shown caught on the fly. If that was my home water, I'd be wadered up right now!

Cheers, TB.

Theres no steelies in this stretch but lots of brookies and browns. I did manage 2 brookies and 1 brown,all small. I fished hard but the bugs and the trout did not cooperate. Most ppl I talked to said it was slow for them as well.Got 1 fish per day so I didnt get skunked :) Plus I was up north with my g/f for a great 3 day trip!!

Theres alot of wood (logs sticks etc) in the river along with leaves and some vegetation but it looks brown from all the rain and runoff the system had over the last week. When we got up on Sunday it was really stained and you barely could see the bottom.
I took these pics on Wednesday and it was still stained!

Great shots is right. Looks pretty nice over there. What's up with that pad at the top? That'd be a killer home to live in. Put a garden right up on that river.

Actually, the white house in the 2nd pic,we have stayed there before.It used to be a rental but the owners either sold it or decided not to rent it out anymore.Wish they didnt,it was a great place to stay but the cabins we now go to are great!!

Nice shots!! I haven't been on here in eons. I really need to get back on here. I've been out for hours a day looking for morels. Picked 222 blacks and two halfrees this week though...WEEEE!! Can't wait for the greys and yellow to pop. Nice shots of the river though, and I really should get back on here. My pepper plants are doing great and one is starting to show a bud already.
BTW...I love to eat trout..he..he..he!

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
I release 100% of the trout i catch so you wont be getting
any from me :):lol:
Glad to hear the Morels are popping!!

Not a prob man. I just love the taste of fresh fish. I need to get out there pretty soon and catch some gills on my flyrod. They are easy, taste, good, and..............well easy and taste good good enough for me:lol:

To catch..Trout to eat.. I dont keep any fish (not that I am against keeping fish,I am just to lazy to clean em) I would say if I were to keep any it would probably be perch walleye or panfish!! All good eats!!

Good picks...

i love the perch !

i love the walleye ! but have made a choice not to eat them anymore as the pressure for them is very high in Ontario.

My favourite without a doubt is Pike.

Heading up to Northern Canada for a fun week of Northern Pike Fishing in a month, cant wait !

Come over here we have a ton of walleye!!! Ive never had pike..I have heard from both sides about them 1 they are oily boney and not good but have heard they are also very good. I gotta try it someday to make up my own conclusions.

Back