• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RocketMan's 2013 Glog; In The House!!

There are no gardening mistakes,only experiments." -- Janet Kilburn Phillips

I love that quote and it will try my best to remember it through this new grow. So, I'm going with only 18 varities this year as we're looking at moving to a larger house if not buying this summer and I really don't want to have to try and haul a ton of plants when we do. the ones I've selected are:

1. 7 Pot Jonah---------------------------- Pic 1
2. Aji Lemon------------------------------- romy6
3. Chili De Arbol Negro------------------ smokemaster via SocalChilihead
4. Datil-------------------------------------- Pic 1
5. Fatalii------------------------------------ Pic 1
6. Gochu----------------------------------- Stickman
7. Red Savania--------------------------- Pic 1
8. Chocolate Habanero----------------- Pic 1
9. West Indian Yellow Habanero------ Pic 1
10. Jalabanero---------------------------- SocalChilihead
11. Jalapeno------------------------------- frydad4
12. Douglah-------------------------------- Pic 1
13. Peruvian White Habanero---------- ????
14. Scotch Bonnet Jamican Red------- Pic 1
15. Thai Short----------------------------- Lieban
16. Jamican Hot Chocolate------------- ????
17. Butch T-------------------------------- Pic 1
18. T Scorpion Yellow------------------- Pic 1

Here's the layout and they went into the dirt.

100_3209.jpg

SeedlingMap_zps94636340.jpg

Alot of them are ones i started last year that never grew beyond a certain point and I'm pretty sure that a lot of it was my new grower mistakes. Since I really want to try them I'm giving them a grow again. Once again, thanks to everyone that helped me getting started with gifts of seeds and to all on here thanks for leaving your incredable words of wisdom that we can all learn from.

Cheers to a bountiful grow this year.
RM

Last night my son recieved his Bobcat at the Cub Scout Pack meeting. He was beaming and so happy. He's never had the opportunity to do anything like scouting before and is loving it. Afterwards I was talking with his Den Mother and I'm going to be leading them through one of the electives called "Plant A Seed". I have some seeds for a Jalapeno that is heatless and am going to walk them through planting and careing for them. Thinking I might need to germinate them before taking them in but at the same time it might be easier to just let them plant the dried seeds and see what happens. Anyways I'll be scrubbing the site for some Pics I can use to show them the different stages of development from hook to true leaves to transplant, flower, pods etc... If any of you have any ideas or have done this with your son please chime in with any ideas or thoughts. It all makes it more fun for the boys.

Cheers,
Bill

Love dem updated pictures, O-ville is good for you or you're great for O-ville!!!

Last night my son recieved his Bobcat at the Cub Scout Pack meeting. He was beaming and so happy. He's never had the opportunity to do anything like scouting before and is loving it. Afterwards I was talking with his Den Mother and I'm going to be leading them through one of the electives called "Plant A Seed". I have some seeds for a Jalapeno that is heatless and am going to walk them through planting and careing for them. Thinking I might need to germinate them before taking them in but at the same time it might be easier to just let them plant the dried seeds and see what happens. Anyways I'll be scrubbing the site for some Pics I can use to show them the different stages of development from hook to true leaves to transplant, flower, pods etc... If any of you have any ideas or have done this with your son please chime in with any ideas or thoughts. It all makes it more fun for the boys.

Cheers,
Bill

This sounds fantastic :) You should start them a glog here that they can show the progress of their grow. It's your call on germinating for them or not, I let my kids suffer thru the long wait and don't give them any false expectations ... this is the same when they note the percentage we talk together (math lesson for dem, lol) of the ones that start or not. Let us know if you do, I'd certainly follow it :) Great luck with that sounds very cool!

Up early this morning and still dark out but got a couple of Iphone pics of the babies, numbers are starting to come up now.

9ACC9A90-96DC-4D93-8A2E-18AB57F6F72C-6318-00000807B1ECB97D.jpg

8A623F75-5421-401D-9F14-D5CF2AD4E923-6318-00000807BAC284A5.jpg

8CB48E5A-3049-4A47-8C8A-55A5EF6555D6-6318-00000807C75EA52D.jpg

Some are even starting to get some true leaves. Guess it's time to start looking for a deal on some Solo Cups :)

Nice action on the seedlings. I would move them into pints. Then only one more move to there final destination. You can usually find the pint size containers for free at the local nursury if you ain't scared to ask. How much sun light are they getting as well. Morning sun would be prime right now.

I think if I were you I would have every scout put some soil in a cup. Drop a few seeds in and keep moist till they pop. Doesn't get any easier than that. I would also start a few xtras in case a few of the kids don't have a sprout. First one to get a pod wins a prize.

Nice action on the seedlings. I would move them into pints. Then only one more move to there final destination. You can usually find the pint size containers for free at the local nursury if you ain't scared to ask. How much sun light are they getting as well. Morning sun would be prime right now.

I think if I were you I would have every scout put some soil in a cup. Drop a few seeds in and keep moist till they pop. Doesn't get any easier than that. I would also start a few xtras in case a few of the kids don't have a sprout. First one to get a pod wins a prize.

Jamie, I like that it's along the line of my thinking but I didn't think about the first to a pod wins a prize part.

I was thinking about up-potting them in another week to solo cup. They are getting only morning sun right now though not direct morning sun. They're on the back patio so it's actually about an hour or 2 direct and the rest of the day its indirect.

[font="Arial""]Wow nice log!! chili’s still on the vine with ripe tomatoes and peppers, trophies, crock pot full of chili, seedling sprouted and ready for transplant got er going on!! Wish you luck on this year’s grow. Cheers - Jeff[/font]

Thanks SC, coming from you that means a lot.

WG, WALK, dont run, your setting a bad example running in the house :)

Sooooooo glad it's Friday! Now the fun begins.

Have a great one!

I have been gardening with my kids for a few years now, and the fascination has worn off some. They still enjoy putting seeds in the dirt, and will help some with the harvesting, but they have figured out that pulling weeds is WORK! The other thing is they have a tendency to drown the little sprouts. More than once I've come outside and found a container with an inch or so of water on top of the soil.

Good look with your cub scout project!

Yup, nice looking pod Bill, and it looks like more coming behind it. How much longer 'til you process your dry-hopped ferment? I'm definitely curious to see how it comes out. Cheers

Great to see your seedling kicking butt with a tasty looking pod hanging over there. Sorry I can't help because what I thought were fatalii ended up being yellow bhut, but I always notice yellow varieties stay only have two color phases from what I have noticed from the Yellow bhut, yellow brainstrain, yellow habalokia I grew last year. Hope everything is going well for you and your family

Ok growers, I don't think this is a Fatalii, well unless they turn this beautiful shade of Red before turning Yellow. So, what to y'all think I have here?

9CCF78F6-F12A-421B-A3F2-F32ACF522863-1902-000002B34A8D2F7B_zps0ba39de3.jpg

Looks like I'm going to be busy here pretty soon, but that's a good thing :)

222431FC-D5D8-42BF-8A77-B12B08CD973B-1902-000002B354FACF79_zpsdd9c63fb.jpg

489F2B36-FF97-49E3-B46C-59AFA5FEF7F3-1902-000002B35B818F87_zps4bcf9efe.jpg

Sorry I haven't been on much lately. As any other developers will tell you coming up on Go Live is a hectic time and its been late hours too. I'm hoping that tomorrow is going to be a slow day cause I'm going to need a slow day just for catching up with all your Glogs. Have a great evening!

Bill

Back