• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Thanks Kevin. I Need to put more peppers in the ground been but I have slacking as usual.

Yeah Shawn just say it. I am a redneck :rofl: Can't help it. Oh and Cris got her grape juice :party:

Thanks Bee. I would do more if it didn't take 18 hours to download on youtube :liar:

Smart move John. Those yellow scorps from Wayright have the right genes :onfire:

Hravest shot

IMG_3438.jpg

And I am not the only one drinking cold miller lite tonight. So are the sluggs :P

photo-181.jpg

Sleep well THP I know I will :drunk:

WOW, I didn't know you were so restrictive on the Grape Juice, note to self, never ask for juice at Jamie's....

Anyways, great videos, given me a run for my money. Everything is looking great as usual, thanks for rubbin it in a bit more!

Great pod shots, Jamie! I don't have time to look at the
videos right now, but will when I'm done with chores : )

Everything was lookin great I cooked the Venitian habs on the grill and they were great... All mine were wilted too when I got home, gettinn hot for sure, hope the forcast is right tomorrow...

Thanks Paul. You know I love pod shots. :dance:

Conrad, glad you were able to stop by. We will have to hook up again soon. :onfire:

:party: On a side note I wish I had put the beer out several weeks ago. Had about 4 sluggs and several snails all drunk up this morning!

Jamie, you had better luck with the beer than I did. Years ago, back when I lived in Tennessee, I ripped up the lawn in the backyard and planted a vegetable garden. This was pre-internet days, so when something started eating my plants, I asked around, and someone told me to try the beer thing, but instead of putting it around the perimeter to entice them BEFORE they reached my plants, I stuck a pie pan full of it right in the center of the garden. Went out later that night just to see if it worked and was horrified. There were a couple in the pan, but there were dozens all over my entire vegetable garden. It was a total slug fest!!! I can laugh now, cause I"m older and wiser, but at the time I was pretty grossed out. Between them, and the chipmunks, birds, and squirrels, I finally gave up, and the following year we ripped out the garden, and put in a pool. Don't regret it either. Lots of good memories from the pool there!

Thankfully, no slug issues here. Think I'd rather take my chances with the wind, altitude, and late frosts.

Jamie that is amazing garden you have and the tomatoes are crazy huge do you feed them the same thing as your peppers or you add other stuff as well.

Thank you spongeeric :P From the looks of your grow you will deep in pain soon :rofl:

Hey Bonnie nice to see you. That is too funny about your slugg fest. Glad you got the heck out of there :dance: But I hate cold weather and would not last a month in dem der Hills of yours. Plus I grow my plants too slow to grow in your neck of the woods ;)

Thanks John. You are making me :oops: blush

Thanks for the kind words Social. I don't give the maters nearly the same amount of love as my peppers. But I do hit them with some myko blast and fish/seaweed on occasion :D I prepared the soil more better this year and found that makes a big difference. Lots of blood, bone, and manure.

Hey Jamie, you really got it nailed down. Bringing in the pain already. As a powder lover myself I wanted to get your list of favorite pepper powders. I saw you mentioned something about chocolate hab powder. I have a bunch of them and now that it's getting warmer I can powder them. I would love to hear your top five powders man!

Yeah, my husband even built a little house covered in chicken wire to cover the garden, because the birds were pecking holes in all the tomatoes, but the chipmunks were small enough to fit through the holes in the chicken wire! It was a losing battle there, an old neighborhood with lots of huge trees, and plenty of raccoons, skunks, possums, squiirrels, tons of birds, chipmunks, and of course ... slugs, LOL!

Your garden looks awesome! Have to admit all those harvest pictures make me a little green with envy though ...

Seth my man. Just was checking out your grow. It is amazing :party:

That is one tough question but here she be. Subject to change at any time :rofl:

#1 would be cmpman's apple smoked morado powder.
#2 Wayright's Douglah powder
#3 Wayright's all good 7 powder
#4 Wayright's yellow 7 powder
and # 5 drum roll please
cmpman's chocolate thunderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

There are many that I love like the chocolate 7 powder, my boy chile_freaks mexican powder is great on corn with mayo and his 15 pepper powder is off the chain. Wayright's jonah 7 is yummy. Very hard to narrow down. cmpman yellow mourouga powder is also delightful. And I bet the chocolate hab would be divine. I never grow enough of one variety to make into a single powder. Or I don't save enough in the freezer.

Powder junky Jamie :party:

Thanks Bonnie. I wish I had your husbands carpentry skills.

Well sorry if this is getting redundant but I had a whole nother harvest when I got home from work.

IMG_3446.jpg

And then the wife was complaining about the peppers taking up too much freezer space so I decided it was time to make some more powder. Here are the peppers thawing out.

IMG_3448.jpg

Finish product in about 5 or 6 days :party: :party:

I am hoping for a top 50 finish with my entry into the powders! That's a nice bunch of pods my friend. Should make an interesting powder for sure!

Brother Matt. This is only my second attempt at powder. The first time I mixed them all together and it came out pretty tatsty. I will most likely do the same all though I have a ton of yellow cardi scorps so I may grind them seperate. Not sure. :P

Thanks Shane. Judging by the looks of your powder you should have no problem hitting top 10 :party:

Looking really good Jamie, love the harvest posts, never gets old in my opinion! Dying for a fresh tomatoe, hopefully only a few more weeks before I get my first ripe one.

Do you keep the majority of your peppers in pots? With the Florida heat do they tend to dry out quickly? I am going to keep a lot in #15 pots, but I will have quite a bit in 5ga too. Wondering if I will have to water multiple times a day with the 5ga during the summer? It's get pretty dang HOT in Corona during the summer.

Melissa

Back