• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Oh Shane my man I have about 30 types of powder thanks to Wayright , CMPMAN1974, and CHILE_FREAk. I can't wait to try your :dance:

Thank you Melissa. I have been very lucky this year.Beyond my imagination. I owe it to the great temps we had been having. And believe it or not the little or no rain so I could control the soil moisture level . But that is about to change. Most of my plants are in pots. I do that so I can move them in the shade during the harsh summers and in sunny locations during the winter.. Unless I can talk the boss into letting me build a nice shade cloth for my inground area I will continue to grow mainly in pots. I prefer 7 gallon but 5 gallons are a good size . Especially if you can limit the sun only in the mornings and evenings. I still have a bunch in 3 gallons and they dry out too fast. I only water at night. You should never need to water more than once a day IMO. :P You will end up with yellow leaves and or root rot. Just beacuse a plant is wilted doesn't always mean it needs water. Hope this helps.

Thats a good point... Something I need to remember... I've been tempted to water almost every day - with the brutal heat (sand hotter than I would stand in barefoot) by mid morning my plants are wilted...

30 varieties is a lot haha! If you are having a competition, I'll send you some powder too :P

I grind it by hand in a pickle jar with a wooden spoon... lol

I've tried a few different processing machines, but I end up with powder everywhere... At least this way I can mash them while watching tv. Kind of redeems the wasted time a little bit.

Thanks JSS. I bought a little coffee grinder and it works great. And I would never turn down more powder :onfire:

Took a few picks cause I can't resist

Maternational

IMG_3449.jpg

Lots more peppers waiting to pic

IMG_3457.jpg

bhut

IMG_3450.jpg

Barrackpore's

IMG_3451.jpg

IMG_3452.jpg

And yellow cardi scorps

IMG_3453.jpg

IMG_3454.jpg

Loadin' up on the maters!!! Love the 2 tone pod pics brother! Manzanos jumped from $2.99 lb to $7.50. One store had them for $13.99 lb!!! Same price as lobster! Guess I need to grow some more pubes!
. Wow. That's a lot!!! Good thing I got a red manzano at the nursery about 2 ft tall and flowers for $4. Can't wait.

Awesome pod pics. In due time. I'd love to try some of the top 10 powders. So far Shane's is top of my list as its the only one I have. Hahah

Shane my man! I have more maters than you can shake a stick at :party:

Brother Kevin. Thanks for the props! I really love the Barrackpore!

King D. Hopefully you will be as blessed as me with the pepper powder gods :onfire:

Here is a nice little harvest I had this afternoon.

Once again from JJ's persective

IMG_3467.jpg

And birdseye :P

STB_3466.jpg

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab300/romy6/IMG_3452.jpg

I have a plant producing pods that look quite similar... its almost like a small pimply cayenne in pod appearance... A couple had fallen off green the other day - I brought them in and stuck them in the window... I'll put up a picture in the next day or two...

Great pictures, other than the Gators cozzie... Should be Seminoles ;) Or even the USF Bulls would have been a better choice.

Thanks Fernando. I know you will. I have seen your grow :dance:

I would like to see the pic JSS. And remember if you ain't a Gator your Gator bait :P

Did a quick video . Got alot of stuff done. Put about 10 plants in the ground. I know that does sound like much to the big hitters but most of them were in 3 or 7 gallons and I tried to keep the roots intact. :onfire: Thanks for watching.

Had a nice harvest before I started grinding some powder and pissing the wife off :rolleyes:

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

Then I noticed something was eating one of my yellow 7's. Whatever it was it soon found out how hot this bugar is .

IMG_3475.jpg

Then the powder all done :hot:

photo-182.jpg

I was watching your video the other day, and my teenage son came up behind me and said, " Why's that guy talking so funny?" It took me a minute to figure out what he meant, and then I replied, "Oh, that's called a southern accent." :rofl: Being from the south myself, I didn't even notice it!

Everything's looking good! So did you relocate the strawberries, or did the broccoli eventually suffocate them?

Too funny Bonnie. LMFAO! :rofl:

The strawberries are still there hiding under the brocc's wings. I am hoping they will stay alive till fall and maybe bet some berries :P

Hey FloPo Bro, those are some really great looking pods there. Really great harvests, can't wait till my babies start producing like that.

RM

Awesome as always. Your harvest are getting bigger and bigger! Hey how would you compare the yellow 7s to the yellow cardi scorps?

like jamie.. if i can be like jamie@@@!!! I WANT.... i neeeed... POWDERRRRRRR..... PODDSS... i cant wait..... damn u FL people..

Nice work man. I make a ton of powder for holiday gifts. My dehydrator runs non stop for like three months on the porch. Then I have to evacuate everyone and grind. For some reason my wife and 3 year old son don't like the napalm powder air. Anyway, powders are where it's at!

Back