• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

JSS, your bumpy pods look just like my bhut from redwoodcity seeds.They stay orange for along time before going red. The middle one looks like a hab or 7 hybrid! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Kevin my brotha :dance:
Just trying but failing to hang with you ;)

Rocketman! Nice to see another fellow Floridian. Hopefully we can hook up one day and swap fire :hell:
Thank you Jamison. You will not be jealous long my friend. The heavy rains, extreme heat and stink bugs have found us again :rofl:

What up Bitton! Thank you for the kind words as always. :onfire:
Now the yellow 7 and yellow scorp too me are very similiar in taste. But the yellow 7 is much hotter. The one I just posted was hotter than ever. My wife even had to grad some icecream after we ate it and she eats brains like there nothing :liar:

King D. Always a pleasure having you visit my grow :fireball:
You are too kind.

Seth , I know exactly what you mean with the wife and kids. I will most likley have to wait for them to be gone all day the next time I grind some powder. The drying doesn't bother them . :party:

Jeez man...and you said you ground it outside! Must be some pretty brutal stuff! I do mine in the kitchen, and as long as they stay in the other room they're fine. Speaking of...time to grind some smoked Jals! Great stuff as always brother!

Those yellow 7s are the size of hand grenades. I think that cardi scorp is so good. The heat is just right to me and the taste was really good too. I have some in dirt right now waiting on sprouts.

You will find out soon enough my friend :hot:
:dance: :party: :dance:

Ok...I just narrowed down the problem with your grinding. I finally purchased a coffee grinder. I had been using a small food processor, but it left some chunkiness. The coffee grinder however made a superfine powder. Seemed as though it almost atomized it into a cloud of spicy vapor. Smoked Jals were killing me...moved on to Manzanos and had to pull my shirt up over my nose and still felt like my whole face was on fire and my lungs were gonna explode. I will be doing supers OUTSIDE with a dust mask on and fans blowing that crap away from me...WOW!

Shane, you could try covering the coffee grinder with a damp hand towel, and then letting it sit for a minute or two after grinding, before removing the lid. Helps a little.

Shane, you could try covering the coffee grinder with a damp hand towel, and then letting it sit for a minute or two after grinding, before removing the lid. Helps a little.
Damn Bonnie don't show up now with all your know it all smarts! Where were you a couple hours ago? I figured that the grinder couldn't be any worse than the processor....sadly mistaken. :rofl:

Yes indeed Shane and Bonnie. I will being purchasing a respirator and grinding in the neighbors backyard. :liar:

Bonnie, I will try the towel technique and my brotha Kevin also gave me some good tips as well :party:

Well sorry if this is getting redundant but I had a whole nother harvest when I got home from work.

IMG_3446.jpg

And then the wife was complaining about the peppers taking up too much freezer space so I decided it was time to make some more powder. Here are the peppers thawing out.

IMG_3448.jpg

Finish product in about 5 or 6 days :party: :party:

Sick harvest and very nice pics!

I wasted a ton of Modelo on my slugs and they havent drank a sip/ Next time they're getting Pabst or Natty Ice!!!

I will not complain about your year 'round peppers today...but tomorrow it is BACK ON!

c4b82e65.jpg

You did this one right. Great job!

Thank John. I love those yellow 7's as most know. The pods are huge everytime and very very :hot:

Thanks Scovillecrack. Ya you gotta use miller lite if you want the sluggs to drink themselves to death :dance:

Matt my man! Once again a perfect review. Glad you liked the powder. I think you talked it up a little more than it deserves but thank you. Still a work in progress but not bad for my second attempt. :P

Patience Shane. If you didn't live so damn far away you would have already received your care package :rofl:

Thank John. I love those yellow 7's as most know. The pods are huge everytime and very very :hot:

Thanks Scovillecrack. Ya you gotta use miller lite if you want the sluggs to drink themselves to death :dance:

Matt my man! Once again a perfect review. Glad you liked the powder. I think you talked it up a little more than it deserves but thank you. Still a work in progress but not bad for my second attempt. :P

Patience Shane. If you didn't live so damn far away you would have already received your care package :rofl:
http://i1260.photobu.../Peppers-2.jpgI already did! Hope the pic comes up, wife just texted it to me. Wish I was there to enjoy them! Oh well be there tomorrow. Bright side if the pic works I finally figured out how to post them from my phone!

Oh well...guess the link will have to do!

Giving up...looks like link won't work either. Oh well, looks like an Aji, a Bhut, a Tunisian and a couple of red 7 varieties.
Thanks my man! Was hoping for a couple pods, but didn't want to ask. Now you will get to see me make an a$$ out of myself when my daughter and her boyfriend film me eating them this weekend!

Edit: finally got the pic to load!

Peppers-2.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality...wife's phone sucks! Pic to follow with the powder as well. WILL BE HOME SOON! Can't Wait!

[sup] [/sup]Thank you Seth! PM sent :dance:

Shane!!! Man I can't beleive you already got the package . 3000 miles in 3 days . Go USPS!

Your peppers are 1 aji lemon, one giant mystery from my 7 foot tall annumm, top right seewt venetian hab, bottom left hybrid bhut and bottom right is a Brain Strain! Enjoy the pain :party:

romy, keep in the FloPo loop, I think we're going to tey and get a Pow Wow going this year. Last I heard the national Forest was beong looked at as a possible location. I'll PM you when I hear things are locked down and plans are more defffinant. Those powders are looking tasty which reminds me I have to find some Fatalii powder to make saome sauce for a friends wedding.

Have a great weekend, think I'll be planting out this one
RM

A pow wow?

I'm ~1/16th Cherokee... If this is going to be in FL and happens before I leave for NC, I'm interested in hearing more!

Ken

They never make if hot enough at the local Mexican joint. Tonight I didn't have that problem....

95c8e6dc.jpg
You know even here a short trip for the border, and a place known for its quality Mexican food, there is still plenty of room for more spice IMO.

Back