• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Rocketman and JSS. Kep me in the loop. I would love to party with you chiliheads :dance: :dance: :dance:

Linda I know what you mean. First time ever growing perfect maters and it is a nice thing. Vey fortunate to find a strain will keep produce like this!!!

MAtt and Huda. Never enough spice at the local Mexican joint. Gotta love fresh powder :hot:

So here are a few pics from today. Harvest harvest harvest

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

Close up of my new favorite Brrackpore!!!

IMG_3477.jpg

Rocketman and JSS. Kep me in the loop. I would love to party with you chiliheads :dance: :dance: :dance:

Linda I know what you mean. First time ever growing perfect maters and it is a nice thing. Vey fortunate to find a strain will keep produce like this!!!

MAtt and Huda. Never enough spice at the local Mexican joint. Gotta love fresh powder :hot:

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

hahaha...great stuff man! Take another shot then hit the post button a couple more times!

This should make you laugh too! Keep in mind, as I've mentioned before. I even get hiccups when I eat a good Jalapeno. Look what happens when I eat one of your Hybrid Bhuts.
Freaking ouch man! The burn built pretty slow, but WOW once it was cooking it was Holy Sheet :hot:!!! Taste was really good. Not too chinensy at all. Other than that the vid speaks for itself. You can see my daughters boyfriend in the mirror, really wanted to kick the crap out of him at a couple points in the vid. He's the one that tried one of your Mystery Peppers and thought he was gonna die as he drank half a gallon of milk, then backed out on the Cardi Scorp. That brain will be BRUTAL! May actually mix that in with my next batch of smoked Manzano powder. Just enough to send out to one person and keep a little for myself maybe. Or I may just be stupid and eat the damn thing. Pretty good rush! Only thing that really sucks is my taste is off for a few days after I eat a super. My coffee tastes like a$$ this morning.

Thanks again for the awesome care package!
Shane

Kevin you need to get your eyes checked :rofl: Not sure why the triple posts :P

Shane that was a great vid! Had my family cracking up for sho :dance: ! I don't think a reg bhut is any hotter than those hybrids. Then again I only call them hybrids becasue they dont look like the typical bhut. Thank you for the review. I have noticed the hotter the weather the hotter the peppers so watch out when you eat that brain. I don't recommend eating a whole fresh one. :hot:

Installed some drip lines yesterday. I will try to post a small video later!!

Yo Jamie, glad to see everything doing so well this season. Your garden looks great! As you may recall, I gave the pickle guy[sub] [/sub]at the flea market a bunch of your Bhuts a while back. You'll be happy to hear he is now making a pickle called the "Casper". I'll bring you some this week. :party:

Jamie, your log is really cool - what a great gathering place! Always lots
of pics and fun conversations. I need to start putting the powders on more
stuff. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between them for me. I
usually use them in rice and soup dishes, but need to be more creative.
You're a good role model :D keep those great updates comin'!

Nice Harvest and im jealous as always! Man im thinking barrackpore has to be on the growlist for next year. i keep seeing awesome and scary pics of them!

Holy Moly Allen Kull has graced me with his presence. Good to see you Al. Can't wait to try the spicy pickles! :rofl:

Matt he is alive and well and living in Ormond Beach :dance:

Paul as usual you are too kind. As for a role model I would pick many other growers over me but thank you anyhoot ;)

Bee definatley add to your list. Cool ass pepper if you ask me.

Well I did a quick video to show the drip line I put it. Gotta love pops!

Don Juliio!
When I was in College after I got out of the Army I was working part time at a Mom and Pop Liquor store. Jim, the owner, had a locked case where he kept the really expensive stuff and in there was a bottle or Don Julio that was a special reserve, special bottle and came in a wood box sold for $250.00. So one night Big Jim comes waltzing in and lock the door and truns off the OPEN sign. I was doing monthly inventory with another part time guy and there was a full time lady at the register. So Big Jim walks over the that cabinet and pulls that bottle of Don out gets 4 shot glasses from the shelf, opens and pours us all a shot to celebrate 10 years of business. That was the smoothest, best tasting Tequilla I had ever had the pleasure to try. We finished the bottle and left for the night. Oh, the really great part of it was that we were getting paid to drink expensive Tequilla with the boss.

Good times, Yeah, Good Times!

Yes Rocket my wife is Mexican and she will only drink the good stuff. Sucks for my wallet and liver but sure is tasty :drooling:

So I had a bunch of maters and I decide to make a barrackpore brainstain salsa.

Before

IMG_3480.jpg

After

IMG_3481.jpg

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Bet that's tasty...especially after a few shots of the spensive tequila! Considering making some spicy-italian sauces this year myself! Keep the inspiration going!

That salsa looks great - how many peppers did you put in?

Back