• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Great photos, Jamie! They look good enough to eat. Wait. They are!
Haven't had a chance to try the yellow cardi scorp, but I'm going to try
to get some seeds out of it before I eat it - that pod is awesome!

Britt, thanks for stopping by. You will love the yellow cardi's and yes that red 7 has gone nuts since I put it in the ground.

Andy my man! The yellow cardi scorp is a tasty pepper. Nice citrus flavor with no earthy taste whatsoever. Nice kick as well but not kick you in the mouth kinda heat.

Thanks Chewi. I have been blessed by the pepper gods.

Brotha Kevin. Thank you. That Brain is insain :fireball:

Slashroot. You will love the Brainstrain. Good call and thanks for looking. :dance:

Paul you are gonna love the yellow scorp for sho!

So thanks to the tropical storm I have brought my prize plants in for the weekend.

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

And here are acouple more pics from yesterday

I giant slug . about 4 inches long. He didn't make it far ;)

photo-183.jpg

Choc bhut'

IMG_3512.jpg

And some babies growing nicly in the shade :woohoo: Butch T, Morouga, yellow brain, tobago seasoning, and primo 7

IMG_3494.jpg

Sweet habs

IMG_3496-1.jpg

And my 3 year old red hab is happy in the ground :dance: He almost died from ant infestaion.
IMG_3498-1.jpg

Thank a veteran . :party:

Sucks about the weather! And the red hab lookin real good. Keep it up man. Those aren't even plants, they're just pod producing machines!

Hope it blows through without too much trouble. Had some more of your powder today. Ate it on a burrito and some more pizza...then on my hot dogs for dinner. That stuff is amazing! Put enough on the dogs that I had another case of the hiccups by the time I was done. :fireball: Found a new favorite powder for the fam...made from Japones peppers with some sea salt, garlic and onion powders. You'll have some before long...

Thanks Jamie - those do sound good. They look awesome. I may have to add some to my growlist for next year. Awesome pics again btw

Plants looking good as usual Jamie. That choco bhut looks delicious. Man, I'm glad I don't have to deal with slugs that big here. However, I am doing battle with a bunch of little ones.

No worries Jamison. The storm missed us :dance: Thanks for checking though.

Hey Bonnie funny how we are 3000 miles apart but have the same issues with wind. Yours is a little tougher than mine . At least this time. :P

Glad you are enjoying the powder. I just wish mine was as good as yours . Just had a few dogs with your smoked manzano powder and it was delicious :party:

Andy. You may get to try one sooner than you think ;)

Thanks Brian. Yeah we got some big ones round deez parts :hell:
Took some pics this morning. What are the odds :rolleyes:

Ate my first ripe chiltepin in a while. Little fire crackers :hot:

IMG_3532.jpg

Babies are real happy

IMG_3527.jpg

Small harvest. Only draw back too all the rain yesterday was it has a tendancy to split some of my maters. See the two guys in the bottom right.

IMG_3526.jpg

And I think my douglah hybrid crossed with a scorp. Look at this pod!

IMG_3528.jpg

And a shot with a big nasty dark douglah cross next to the tailed one!. Big nasty pods :hot:

IMG_3530.jpg

DANG!! Yea that Douglah is pretty scorp lookin to me! But i would say thats hardly a lose :) Is it possible for the dark green and the light green pods on your plant to ripen to different colors? I gots no idea. But great work lookin killer as always.

Man all that talk of slugs reminds me of what my Grandmother did. She'd place crushed egg shells around the garden and she said that the slugs would commit suicide on them, cut them to ribbons. And I'm sure the plants liked the calcium too.

Man that Brain is enormous!! Good looking there

How much "stuff" did you get romy? We had a couple of hours of hard downpour and I had just transfered seedlings to cups. Lots of wind too, wound up with some of the cups getting blown over but easily rescued. Now we're going to have fun next weekend cutting the grass.

Hey beautiful. Got your powder package. Anthrax has nothing on this. You damn terrorist. :rofl:

Can you give me a breakdown on the pods?

I am guessing - top 2 are brains, bottom 4 bhuts, and 3 long yellows are Aji Limons. Don't know who the little guy is.

You are going to get a badass package in return. Not only once, but twice this year. Prepare the hazmat suit. :hell:

JSS. I have never saved seeds from different coor pods that I can remeber . My problem is my plants live so long I never seem to grow the same thing twice. But I may have to save the seeds and do an experiment. BUt they are non isolated so not sure how they will come out. I have noticed on many of my plants some pods being much darker than others and often wondered why. Maybe I will start a thread and see what comes up. Thanks.

Britt, Well they seem to ripen the same color. Red. Some might go a little more orange at first on some. It would be cool if one ripened chocolate like it's mother :dance:

Rocket. Love the crushed sells. Saves from buying demactous earth :party: Thanks

We got about 2 inches of rain. I brought most of the guys inside Saturday and Sunday but it has been raining off and on the last two days so guess they are gonna be soggy bottom boys ;)

Seth we posted at the same time :dance:
Great pic of my pods. Here is what I sent.

top left barrackpore , brain in middle and datil on top right

Bottom is two bhut hybrids, two red 7's and three aji lemons.

Enjoy :party:

I was doin that bath across from ya, it turned out nice... just enough rain to rust me tools... do the Infinitys taste like the brains? I did pick 2 nice Johans I grew fron the pod ya gave me earlier... haven't tred them yet though...

Package recieved :party: Thanks a million man! Guess which on I ate first?

20120529_192245.jpg

20120529_193352.jpg

Yes it was the Chocolate Bhut. Most excellent I must say! Little son of a bit%h was :hot: !!! Thanks again man.

Conrad. Glad the bathroom came out nice. And yes the infinty's are brains IMO. Taste and look and smell the same. :rolleyes:

Jamison. That is awesome it got there so fast! That was a small chocolate bhut but still plenty of heat :onfire:

Thanks Pinoy. Wish you lived state side I would hook you up :P

Back