• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Thanks Jamie! I stopped by to see brother Jamie today and, as always, he spread the love. He hooked me up with some of the "Smoked Special Blend" as well as some fresh pods, including his infamous Barracapore. My intention was to get home and try the B-pore. Well I fixed myself a bowl of Kim-chee and proceeded to liberally dust it with his smoked powder. WAY TOO MUCH. Light on smoke, big on flavor, and packin' serious heat. All I can say is beware. I'm learning the hard way that the darker powders are hard too see on some foods. So, the B-pore will probably have to wait until tomorrow. I keep looking at it with a cautious eye.

Wait a minute. I've watched vids of you and Jamie eating whole supers and you didn't even flinch with them. But his powder hurt you a bit (if only slightly)? Hmmm.... Now I'm even more excited to try it out.

Wait a minute. I've watched vids of you and Jamie eating whole supers and you didn't even flinch with them. But his powder hurt you a bit (if only slightly)? Hmmm.... Now I'm even more excited to try it out.
I think my powders are hot than the fresh pods, cuz all the water is gone and ur left w/ nothing but pure unadulterated heat and flavor(love)! Just my $.02 anyway!

Can't wait to mix the brains,morugas, barrackpore, butch t, 7pots, primo and, douglahs
Now that will be some potent powder!

I think my powders are hot than the fresh pods, cuz all the water is gone and ur left w/ nothing but pure unadulterated heat and flavor(love)! Just my $.02 anyway!

Can't wait to mix the brains,morugas, barrackpore, butch t, 7pots, primo and, douglahs
Now that will be some potent powder!

Dunno, whole fresh pods seem to hit me harder than powder. Now I'm sure if I put an equal weighted amount of powder on a spoon and ate it, I'd be in a world of hurt. But when I put powder on my food, I load it down and it doesn't seem near as hot as eating a fresh pod.

Just wanted to give a shout out to all those Fathers . Happy fathers day. Also took a few pics. Sorry Shane the rellenos were already gone by the time I read your post:) And Brian and Paul. That is a debate that could go on for hours. I still say a fresh brain or yellow 7 is much harder on me the next day than a nice helping of powder.

And a few pics. I pulled the maters and put it some more peppers :dance:
IMG_3616.jpg

This choc scorp loves it shady spot

IMG_3613.jpg

Red 7 still loaded up

IMG_3615.jpg

Time to strart picking pods again

IMG_3611.jpg

Nice douglah cross

IMG_3609.jpg

Barrackpores

IMG_3608.jpg

Cool brains

IMG_3607.jpg

And a flower ID please.

IMG_3606.jpg

Geez man! Scary looking pods again...that flower looks like a daisy to me, but I couldn't find a pic of that variety. Could be wrong though??? What does the plant look like?

Thanks Shane . Here is a pic of the whole plant. It came fom my daughters little garden set up. Oaky not the whole plant but it only has one flower at the top! It is about 1 inches tall.

IMG_3605.jpg

I dunno man??? If you know exactly which kit they list the seeds on line. I looked through the ones I could find, but didn't see your flower???

Thanks Sahne . I will see if she still has the little kit . Just got in from picking some pods. Gonna have fresh poppers tonight and smoke my first cornish game hens :onfire:

My lil jalapeno before I stripped it

IMG_3617.jpg

And a nice harvest :party:

IMG_3619.jpg

Poppers time ;),and again the never ending harvest,braise those game hens with 2bottles of heineken...

Awesome little harvest man. I'd keep it around 200 like pinyo said for the hens. Good stuff man. You love Miller Lite don't ya? If your ever up this way in Wisconsin I live about a half hour from the brewery man. Its a nice tour bro with lots of free beer! Good luck on the hens and Happy Fathers Day brotha!

Hey man...if you get a chance can you shoot a closeup of some of your mystery peppers and the plant. I was planning on putting some of the seeds from the pods you sent on a seed train...unless you have an objection! Nice harvest once again my man...200 is a good temp. Can go a little up or down from there to adjust for how you like them.

Oh...and if you like to eat the skin(like me) you have to keep it basted with an oil of some sort. I season some Olive Oil with some onion powder, minced garlic and black pepper throw in a little butter sometimes too. If you don't the skin will be really tough...The bird itself will be fine either way though.

Thanks Shane . I will start basting with olive oil right now. The temp has been at 200 for about 45 minutes and the brids look nice. I will post a pic of the plant and pods in a few.

This is a pic of the plant I took a week ago. It is 7 feet tall . Requires very little NPK or light and just produces pods, fights off bugs and kicks ass. :party: :rofl:

IMG_3558.jpg

Close up of a pod. It is an annumm but that is all we know. The plant is about 15 months old.

100_2532.jpg

Nice pull o' peppers Jamie!
Keep them birds moist on the outside around 200 and you'll be rockin. The seasoned olive oil works great!
Sounds like your havin a great Fathers day.

Thanks H & P. And yes I am. Do you know how long it will take the 3 birds to cook. They have been in for about 1 hour. I just started basting skin with oilve oil thanks to my brotha shane and I am adding water to the reservoir about every 30. Thank you all who have check out my grow. Lil drunk so please excuse me if I didn't reply to ya. I will tomorrow

Thank you Bonnie. Never heard of that. i will check ikt out!

Back