• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Greg, that does sound yummy. Time to make cheeeezy cake.

Thanks beehunter. Glad you checked out my grow!

Patrick, I made a batch of sauce, ate a few and gave a few away but I took a couple pics that might work . Here they be. I have a few more at home and a couple left on the plant so let me know and I will take more pics!

100_2930.jpg

100_2929.jpg

100_2928.jpg

They are pretty damn hot! I took a bite while I was doing the dishes (thought if I was doing something it would take my mind off it). NOPE! Had to stop, sit down, and stop the flow of snot and tears. Maybe next time I wont take such a big bite.

Those Choc Habs are great too man! I ate one tonight and was super stoked that I planted some of your seeds. Great flavor and good heat. Damn Jamie you are definitely the year round grower!

:eek: ..................Wow, those do look nasty!!!

Better send those off to "Pathology".....to make sure they're benign.............................. :cool:

Greg

Matt, you are a mad man. You are gonna have to change your chili ways when that baby comes. I could just see you handing the little one a bottle riddled with capsaicin :cool:

Geg, I know these brains are crazy :flamethrower: . I think they have a little Wayright hybrid love mixed in there genes :halo:

you guys are like zombies from the movies! BRAAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNNS! :) Jamie thanks buddy, I do feel like I got a hell of a lot of experience packed into my first yr of growing. the blueberry brain sauce looks great too btw. Congrats on ur winter harvests!

Paul, thanks for checking the brains. They are unearthly.

Brian, the blueberry brain is very suspect. I did not have enough blueberries to make it right. If I can dial it in I will send you a sample. But with your skills I wouldn't want to make a fool of myself.But it is :hot:

So I was a very busy man today. Between sucking down cerveza's and playing with my peppers. Started a few peppers as well :drunk:

List as follows. Placed two or three seeds in each cell and set on my front porch . Redneck style :halo:

Naga Carbon chilifreak
Tabogao seasoning pepperlover
whip's tail peperlover
7 pod perfect roper2007
c.s. chocolate cappy
madballz patrick
scotch bonnet with tail windchicken
sbj7 patrick
7 pod primo ( Jack)
7 pod primo cmpman
7 chocolate wayright
congo trinidad
fatali
butch t
douglah
7 pot brain yellow
ts morouga blend
indian cayenne chili_freak
ts AJ
PI 43598 wayright
7 pot yellowXchoc bhut junglle rain f3 / cmpman
nagabon
chocolate naga
west indian hab pic 1
7 pot jonah wayright
yellow bhut wayright
red fatalli x red savina justaguy
IMG_2957.jpg

Also took some pics of my plants as well. Here is a mystery plant, About 5 feet tall an loaded with hot peppers.

IMG_2944.jpg

some of the guys catching some rays

IMG_2952.jpg

My dorsett naga is loading up again

IMG_2954.jpg

Bhut cross

IMG_2956.jpg

and my wife is giving me a little more room this year. A semi raised bed.

IMG_2948.jpg

:cheers:

Cheers to the new raised bed Jamie!! :cheers:
You are gonna have a ton more room to grow in!
Very nice growlist too!!

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. Most of them are compliments of yours truly. And I can't wait to stick some in the ground and really grow some monsters!

Been following your grow for a while and thought I would pip up, you have a real talent for growing some very nice chili's!

At this rate you will will have bushes to deal with, geez what a terrible problem to have, Keep up the great work. I will be watching, thanks.

SC

I'm about a month away from plant out! Question...do you do better overwintering along the house? I dunno exactly where you are in FL but I was in Pr Everglades a few winters back and we got a pretty heavy frost down there. I know they're not all that common, but can happen. I'm trying to plan my plant placement and was thinking the annuums farthest from the house and the supers along my south wall for extra frost insurance next winter...you use any such strategy? I'll have a bunch in pots as well and plan to have a greenhouse next winter. Just wondering about the ones in the ground.

And once again...you got some amazing stuff going on for January!

great pics there Jaime! as stated above you are going to have some MONSTER plants this season! cant wait to watch as your season unfolds!

Thanks Matt. Yeah I do have to grow some other veggies in there as well so it is gonna be tight. Need about 15 more feet across to do it right. :cool:

Wow that is quite a compliment coming from you. Thanks for the props S. C. :woohoo:

I'm about a month away from plant out! Question...do you do better overwintering along the house? I dunno exactly where you are in FL but I was in Pr Everglades a few winters back and we got a pretty heavy frost down there. I know they're not all that common, but can happen. I'm trying to plan my plant placement and was thinking the annuums farthest from the house and the supers along my south wall for extra frost insurance next winter...you use any such strategy? I'll have a bunch in pots as well and plan to have a greenhouse next winter. Just wondering about the ones in the ground.
And once again...you got some amazing stuff going on for January!

I keep my favorite chili's along the south wall of my house because that is the sunniest area from October till March. I overwinter plants all around my house this is just the best place . I have a 170 year old oak tree that consumes most of the light during the winter in my back yard. We usually only have a few nights below freezing so I am blessed. This is also an area that is not visible from the road so it keeps the boss happy :halo: . Also my wife will not let me bring too many plants in the front yard due to what she calls an eye sore. Your best strategy is too the find the area in your yard that provides the most light for your in ground plants. I would plant them in the ground and dig up your prize ones come winter so you can move them in a safe place on the occasional freezes you have. Here in the Daytona Beach area it gets so damn hot during the summer I like to move my prize plants in the shade to survive. I lam always moving my containers depending on the time of year. Sorry if this is not clear. I can't write worth a shit. Thanks for the compliment. I have some really good friends that help me grow my peppers.
Jamie

great pics there Jaime! as stated above you are going to have some MONSTER plants this season! cant wait to watch as your season unfolds!

Back at ya Eric. Your plants look super healthy as well. Glad you are feeling better :halo: :halo: :halo:

I had a nice harvest again today. African Tunisians, brains, sweet venetian hab, 1 7 pod red that has my nose running still 30 minutes later, couple hybrid bhut's, red habs , aji lemons, more mystery pods, choclate habs, and couple yellow 7's. And a little Patron for the mind.

IMG_2960.jpg

This is a new hybrid that was supposed to be bhut. It has a nice heat with the texture of a mater. It is actually juicy.

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

And the 7 pod red that is still hurting me

IMG_2966.jpg

Oh and JJ and Cristina wanted me too show off there babies. Cukes, broccoli,carrots, and a few maters.

IMG_2950.jpg

Thanks...already planned it, but was looking for some confidence from someone with similar winter patterns. We rarely get freezes, but do get several frosts every year. Summer temps can top 100 but most of my yard gets some late afternoon shade from a neighbors tree...It was 85 here today, and I got buds forming on my new cayenne and Jalapenos already...gonna be a long season! One last question...do you just cover on your frosty nights or do you take any extra precautions with the ones in the ground? My goal is to be one of the ones (like you) that can send out some pods to people in January next year! With the greenhouse up and running...should be rockin all year long!

Thanks again for the input and sorry for hijacking your thread for a minute,
Shane

BTW are you trying to clone in the back row of the first pic???

Not hijacking my thread Shane. I appreciate the interest. The few in grounds i gave I water the roots down really well the night before the frost then I cover them up with blankets. I Cover the soil with a couple beach towels and the whole plant with old bed sheets. If you look at my mystery plant in the ground you can see how it is hunched over from the blankets :cheers:

Back