• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Rick that sounds like a really tasty way to store Toms however, they probably wouldn't last more than a week around my house. I started the season with some Black Krims and Big Boy's. I was rally excited about the but they died off early after a rain storm and the Big Boys are growing up a storm but not getting any buds on. They keep getting bigger though. They may not be getting enough sun, but I have no idea.

Love me some dried maters. They are an easy add to most sauces and soups.

Bill, I can't believe you still have maters growing this time of year. I only grow them From January to June. How do you do it :crazy:

Love me some dried maters. They are an easy add to most sauces and soups.

Bill, I can't believe you still have maters growing this time of year. I only grow them From January to June. How do you do it :crazy:

I have a place that's right outside the Kitchen door where there's a covered walk to the Garage, maybe 8 - 10 feet. The area to the left when you come out the kitchen door is fenced in and I usually use the 3' X 8' area for herbs. This year when I put everything out I put 4 Mater plants out. 2 Black Krim and 2 Big Boy's. The Big Boys are still growing and I have 2 more Black Krim that I started after the first 2 died in 1 gallon pots that are doing fine just not getting big because of the pot size. The Big Boys dont get full sun but for a portion of the day and then get indirect sun. i think that's why they haven't put any fruits on or because of the heat. I'm hoping that i can keep them alive till it cools off some and get some Fall tomatoes.

I'd really like to get some of the Black Krims. I've heard that they are great sundried or smoke-dried. If I can do it I'll send you some and some seeds. the Black Krims are a heritage tomato and a really dark red, almost a maroon and are supposed to have the best flavor.

Rick that sounds like a really tasty way to store Toms however, they probably wouldn't last more than a week around my house. I started the season with some Black Krims and Big Boy's. I was rally excited about the but they died off early after a rain storm and the Big Boys are growing up a storm but not getting any buds on. They keep getting bigger though. They may not be getting enough sun, but I have no idea.
Whoa... sounds like the 'maters maybe got too much nitrogen. I don't give them any more than I do the peppers. They also like lots of Magnesium like the peppers. I just prep the soil in the spring before planting then leave them alone except for water and pinching off the suckers... and picking 'em too of course.. :D

Thank you Eric. It was the least I could do after your awesome care package. The hydro brains are insane and the choc red hab x are very tasty. I will most likley grind the rest of the brains into some powder. Just too damn hot fresh for my ass :onfire:
Here is Spongy's pods he sent me. Very nice. Since all my plants are just starting to crank up I will continue to show off all my good friennds pods and chili related items

IMG_3799.jpg

And then last night Paul B (chile_freak) a divine chilihead and amazing cook suprised the hell out of me with a super care package as well. Two fermented sauces( my first ever fermented sauce and I know what all the hype is about) and one bottle of his smoked red hab BBQ sauce that I know will be kick ass. The pods are a mix of congo reds that are the size of my house, some bhut crosses, a nasty brain strain ( perfect shape ) , another naga cross, and some tasty beni highland peppers( I have never had until last night ). And a couple bags of some yummy powder. Thank you Paul.

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

nasty barin

IMG_3803.jpg

and a huge red congo

IMG_3802.jpg

Thank you Eric and Paul. I owe you guys big :party:

Nice. I think I'm going to try fermenting this year. What is the taste difference that you notice? Can you tell what flavors seem to stand out better after fermenting with those sauces? That barbecue sauce looks amazing.

Andy. I would say it is a much better tasting sauce. All I could taste was pure pepper love.No extracts, no after tatse, just the true fflavor of the pepper. The sauce is super hot and tasty. It is like biting into a fresh scorpion . I would highly recommend making some and sending a test bottle my way ;)

Thanks Jon. Yes and you are one of those cool peeps. :party:

Eric, been saving the best for last. I will try it tonight and report back. Had no idea how few you had. Thank you for allowing me to be the first other than yourself to try :dance: :dance:

Thanks Jon. Yes and you are one of those cool peeps. :party:

Eric, been saving the best for last. I will try it tonight and report back. Had no idea how few you had. Thank you for allowing me to be the first other than yourself to try :dance: :dance:

well there were like 50+ on the plant but only 4 ripened before the plant mysteriously died.

brotha Jamie,

So glad everything got to you in good condition! I can't believe I'm saying this but Go USPS! ;)
i figured if anyone deserved a pkg of chile love it is you, every time i get on the hot pepper I see someone thanking you for some cool chile gift you gave them or were getting ready to send them, in my opinion your chile karma is pretty F'in good! This week I'm just playing karmas instrument. As far as the sauces go though I must give credit where credit is do, if it hadnt been for chili monsta and Rocket man i never even would have ever thought of fermenting chili peppers, and what you are tasting is my very first attempt at fermenting, but with such an excellent how to guide to go by how could it not have come out well ;) oh and btw if you slice ur tomatoes then brush w/ olive oil then sprinkle on some salt, minced garlic and some fresh herbs( i personally use rosemary oregano and basil) then dehydrate them they are wicked awesome! JMO keep rockin on chile brotha!

Awesome gift from pepperheads that brainstrain does look vicious. I agree Paul this week USPS was awesome only if they could maintain this type of performance everytime.

That Congo looks like a pumpkin! Awesome! No-one deserves it more than you brother. How are the harvests coming along? You gettin any #'s?

Back