• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

You are correct, oily but not nasty...
Not a problem for me... I like 'em all! Salmon, mackerel, herring, bluefish...

Hey Romy, I got your package in the mail today! OMG it looks like you crammed everything in there but the kitchen sink... :onfire:
Thanks Hugely, your pkg should be showing up soon.

Conrad . Your alive :rofl:

Glad you got my package so fast Rick. Go USPS. They do me so right most of the time. And yes it is amazing what you can cram into a 3x5 bubble envelope :party:

Momma mia pappa Pia. You are too kind. Thank you girl :drooling:

Shane, the harvest have been to small to capture but wait a few weeks I think they will start rolling in. And yes the Congos Paul sent were monsters.

Paul. I can thank you enough for the kick ass package.

Fernando my man, I sent a package to Rick On Thusrday and it tarveled over 1000 miles in less than 48 hours. GO USPS :dance: :dance:

Checking in to see what's going on with you Jamie. Looks like you're doing well, good to know. Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

My man Patrick. Glad to see you . Been very lucky and super blessed . Glad you got some much needed pepper love the other day. My next harvest you will be the first to get a nice package. Have a great Labor day!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thank you Seth. My first carrot based sauce and it is delightfull. Or were you talking about Paul's sauces( chili_freak) . Which are even better :onfire:

Just wanted to say thanks everyone that have kept me supplied with fresh chili's over the last month while my plants struggled.I am overwhlemed with the generosity on this website and I hope to begin returning some much needed chili love over the next few months. :woohoo:

Well it hasn't rained in almost a week and my plants are starting to green up and the leaves ate flattening out. Even starting to get pods on some that have been very upset.Here is a small harvest from today. It is about time. Many more to come in the next month I hope. :dance:

IMG_3807.jpg

And parting shot of me and JJ at the Gator game. We had a great time reguardless of how are team played ;)

photo-2193.jpg

Hope everyone had a great labor day weekend :onfire:

Glad your plants are perking up Jamie. I got to watch your boys play and they definitely have a few kinks to work out. But look on the bright side, you could be a Kentucky fan ;) My boys stunk it up pretty good too and got a big fat "L" to show for it.

Hi Jamie
I came home for lunch and decided to tear into the brainstrain pod you sent. Cut into it and saved the seeds, then chopped it up and put it into a corned beef sandwich and ate it. I can see why Shane said the flavor reminded him of dish soap. After 3 bites of the sandwich I started to feel the burn coming on, and it reached a crescendo shortly after finishing the sandwich. The waterworks turned on about that time, and I had my nose running a stream and then started sweating. It took half a 25 oz can of Foster's Ale to put out the fire. You did say that it was a little 'un and shouldn't hurt too bad... I guess it didn't, but I think I'll use any future Brainstrains for powder. Thanks for the education!

Thank you Jeff. It has been a long hot and nasty summer for all :hot:

Brian my man. Thanks for making me feel better. See ya in two weeks ;)

So much for working you way up the ladder Rickster. Went straight for the pain. I have heard many people say they taste like dish soap But I never eat them fresh.Supe strong chinese falvor for sure. Cooked up with some onions and garlic and I like em. But powder is the way to go. Mixed with some annumms or baccs. Either way thank you for allowing me to edumicate ya :rofl: Still working on my education :drooling:

So much for working you way up the ladder Rickster. Went straight for the pain. I have heard many people say they taste like dish soap But io never eat them fresh. Cooked up with some onions and garlic and I like em. But powder is the way to go. Mixed with some annumms or baccs. Either way thank you for allowing me to edumicate ya :rofl: Still working on my education :drooling:
By the way... I got the package in the mail before noon today, so you should be getting your half of the swap in the next 3-4 days. Cheers!

Ahh........college football. There's nothing like a mornings pick before tail-gating. We did the same here for the Iowa game....which was played at Soldier Field in Chicago. A "Brain St"...Pico with some local made fresh tortilla chips.
Jamie, I'm sure you had a great time, its fun seeing the kids all decked out in colors...

Greg

Jamie you big bully! Pickin' on Rick like that! Sending him those mean ole Brain Strains! Rick FYI I didn't get the dish soap taste from the Brains it was the Barrackpores! If Jamie didn't send you any I got a couple small ones I could send your way!
gallery_5729_48_760441.jpg

Good to see your harvests picking up again brother! Hope the weather starts treating you right!

Jamie I have not forgotten you. I owe you and next weekend will get a box together for you. Have some odd little crosses that were unexpected or isolated that you may enjoy.

Jamie you big bully! Pickin' on Rick like that! Sending him those mean ole Brain Strains! Rick FYI I didn't get the dish soap taste from the Brains it was the Barrackpores! If Jamie didn't send you any I got a couple small ones I could send your way!
Mea Culpa Shane... Guess I misremembered it. Not trying to slander your reviews.

Glad things are turning around for you jamie! And i think down there you got plenty of season left for harvesting pods! Love this glog.

Back