• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

+1 armac! I enjoy your harvest pix, Jamie. I should print a few
out and hang them in the greenhouse so the peppers will see
what they are supposed to do! I hope it just keeps getting better
for you!

edit: Hahahahahaha, Shane. I steal your place at the top of the page yet once more. More maniacal laughter fading into silence.

I'd guess the opposite! I already got a care package though so if I'm right I won't claim it. Amazing...as always buddy! That chocolate bhut is freaking bhutiful!

Awesome looking pods! Very nice pic of that Chocolate Bhut. Wow, things are coming along great for you! I love the broccoli too - I'll be able to get that in the ground pretty soon up here. How do the 7 pod barrackpore and 7 brain compare with each other?

Pulp they are very similiar in taste and heat. Both will make you think twice about eating them fresh. The brain is hotter at first but the Barrackpore seems to get ya in the gut more. Either way not for the faint of heart:) Pure Chinese at it's finest :hot:

Paul I was hoping you would win the contest. Maybe next time. :party:

Stephen I am selling the broc seeds for 4.99 for a pack of 5. Limited time only :liar:

Conrad we need to hook up soon. Give me a shout!

Thanks Bee hopefully many more to come.

So I got me a

photo-179.jpg

The I got me a

photo-180.jpg

Then I made me some powder. It is a blend of brains,bhuts, red habs. Little mystery pods, some aji lemons and a few choc habs and dorsett nagas and a few others.. Amazing how so many peppers eqaul such little powder. But it is tasty and :hot:. Oh and note to self. Do dont grind up peppers in kitchen when kids are home. The wife was not happy:)

STA_3342.jpg

STB_3343.jpg

Your Nesco looks nicer than mine! I'll bet both are gonna work overtime this Summer! Really been wanting to check out coffee grinders to, I just use a processor for everything now. I'll bet the coffee grinder cuts down on the dust. This your first time using either of them? Or just picked up a couple new ones?
About that Barrackpore...I did a video of that one yesterday and posted it on my glog...lol. You're right about not as hot at first as the Brain...but it builds for a while. If that were a bigger pepper it would have been INSANE!

Hey Jamie....................you're already making powder?

Ha.............I'm still waiting for the pollen in the flowers

Greg

That choco bhut is nasty looking. I still have a month til plant out and God knows how long till powder. I need to invest in a good dehydrator. Mine is junk with no settings. I bought a magic bullet for grinding...similar to the coffee grinder. They both keep the dust down. Hope the weather holds up for you.

Shane thanks for stopping in. Both were just purchased and I am glad I did. The nesco is a great dehydrator and the Krups coffee grinder is the shinism. Makes a very fine powder. Can't wait to make some more powder. But man it sure does take alot of peppers to make some.

Greg nice to hear from you. Do you ever sleep.LOL . Yes sir that was my first attempt at making powder and I was suprised how nice it came out. Thank to some help from Wayright!

Prod the chocolate bhut is hot as hell. The wife and I split it for dinner last night. It was literally dripping in oils. It was the fattest Bhut I have ever grown. Good thing is I have about 15 more pods slowly ripening as we speak. Thank you.

Reactions: Jay
Shane thanks for stopping in. Both were just purchased and I am glad I did. The nesco is a great dehydrator and the Krups coffee grinder is the shinism. Makes a very fine powder. Can't wait to make some more powder. But man it sure does take alot of peppers to make some.
It is a little disheartening when you get done with the process and your 40 pods are reduced to a sandwich baggy. I've had my Nesco almost 10 years and love it. Great for Jerky to. Think I am going to get me a coffee grinder!

Yeah, once you realize how many pods it takes to add up to a spice jar of powder, you just want to double how many plants you're growing, LOL! Nice dehydrator! Mine is an Excalibur, and it's worth every penny I spent on it.

Good luck with that coffee grinder. I've already killed two of them using them for peppers, and the one I have now almost stopped working during the harvest season last year. My next purchase will be a burr grinder.

http://coffeetea.about.com/od/grinding/a/bladeburr.htm

Thanks Bonnie. I hope It last a while. But it was only 20 bucks.

Plants are producing gangsta style pics from a few minutes ago.

Bhut hybrid is producing again. Much more pointy unlike the first round where they where more round at the tip.

IMG_3344.jpg

Nice rippled Brain

IMG_3347.jpg

Fat Barrackpore. 3 times the size of the one I sent you Shane!

IMG_3348.jpg

My favorite yellow 7 plant

IMG_3350.jpg

Datil is loading up.

IMG_3352.jpg

Nasty Bhut!

IMG_3357.jpg

Thank Bro . I owe ya :dance:

Few more pics

yellow 7's

IMG_3351.jpg

My inground sweet venetian hab is loving life!

IMG_3356.jpg

More in grounders. So much easier to maintain.

IMG_3360.jpg

Bhut cross is loaded. I think it crossed with a sweet pepper. Is that possible?

IMG_3358.jpg

My maters are huge and full. Should be a nice hot salsa summer.

IMG_3362.jpg

And the harvest shot. Everyone have a safe and relaxing evening :party:

IMG_3363.jpg

Back