food Sandwich of the Month

JoynersHotPeppers said:
If I score some fresh yellow fin tuna I'll do that for you...in the meantime I am 3 degrees away from taking the Boston Butt off the smoker. 

Awesome as usual.

Post that butt compadre.

texas blues said:

Awesome as usual.

Post that butt compadre.
Resting currently all wrapped up!

534300_10200257657108476_1945219281_n.jpg

Triple P!

Perfect Pulled Pork!

I haven't see the Triple P in a long time.

(Did not expect this in the salad sammie topic lol)

JayT said:
I cannot believe The TB poo poo'd the pork salad sammy.  I mean, does it get any better?

I did the poo poo on it because it wasn't really a salad type sammich as we know it, like egg, chix, or tuna salad.

Pork kinda' works, but its waaaay off the grid.

JHP's was soooo dang hotness that it couldn't be denied in any thread for any reason.

texas blues said:
Having said that, at a later date I will nominate someone to name next months SOTM.

How about a little challenge .......

Asian food is mostly thought of as noodles and rice with "stuff"; Asians aren't really known for sandwiches. Naan aside, how about an Asian Fusion sandwich? No naan or PITAs allowed, and no traditional Asian - this is fusion! Two pieces of bread, leavened. Decide what kind (making it may be best) and what keeps an Asian flavor theme that goes inside. Research encouraged! Is there a modern-day sandwich somewhere in Asia that is a blend of non-Asian and Asian flavors? Go for it!

I had an amazing sammie in Koh Kong, a province of Cambodia.

It was slow cooked beef, fried onions, pork pâté, cucumber, chilli, coriander (leaf) and then smothered with a rich beef gravy on a buttered french baguette.

Knocked back with a couple of Angkor beers.

Musta been a fusion of French and Cambodian.

texas blues said:
Oh geez.

Little bit of rule shhtrechin' goin' on. 

Pork salad?

Cucumber on eggs?

Okay. 

I'll allow it simply for the comedy factor.

Can't you see they are mocking the salad sammie??? Something green makes it salad, and pork salad lol. 

Pulled pork could be a salad sammie easily. Leftover pulled pork, tablespoon of mayo or sour cream mixed with BBQ sauce, chopped onions, celery, jalapenos, seasoning... mix it up... on sliced bread or toast. But I like the mocking lol.

Sum's got the real salad sammies going on. Smoked meat mixed with dressing, and all creative with the dressing... avocado. And classic egg salad club.

That egg salad sammie would make you slap your grandma.... and she wouldn't like that. Trust.

I wanna see someone PUMP  this thread up. Break out your pumpernickel cats.

Back