food Sandwich of the Month

geeme said:
Heh - cutting down on cured and salty meats doesn't eliminate meats. Slab o' ribeye, marinated skirt steak, prime rib....... nuthin' hippy about those!  ;)

Don't kid yourself.

I know for a fact y'all eat healthier than you post!

Hm. True and untrue at the same time. It's a matter of definition. I greatly limit starches (which still has me boggled over why I enjoy this thread....), generally avoid fried foods and a lot of processed foods. Brekky is usually a cup of yogurt, sometimes with fruit. Lunch is usually a salad. Dinner's more open, but again, limit starches and fried stuff. But I am a red-meat chick at heart and prolly have beef at least a couple times a week - medium rare or rare, depending on the cut. Ground meat and cuts like brisky are the exception. Chicken is always thighs, as I dislike white meat. Pork is usually tenderloin or shoulder. Fish.... other than fried catfish every couple of weeks it's usually cooked with some other method. (That's the one fried food I will never give up if I have any say about it.) Even when I go to Chipotle, it's meat, beans, fajita veggies, and salsa - no tortilla, no rice, no cheese, etc. All these fall in my definition of "healthy" ~~~ your definition is, well....... healthy for you!

toasted grinder with provolone ,. then added some roast beef,salami,turkey.little lettuce,red vinegar, healthy amout of ldhs green label.

Sum, you mean he copied your in the dark with one light shots? lol

Lookin' good up in here!

sicman said:
toasted grinder with provolone ,. then added some roast beef,salami,turkey.little lettuce,red vinegar, healthy amout of ldhs green label.

Thank you for calling that a grinder!!

I only thought it was a new england thing too.

siccman... the double c is for cold cuts.  :lol:

Where's your cape?

You're saving TB all by yourself, this topic was dying. 

I have been sorely remiss in performing my duties for this thread.

Hey, I've been busy!

On to October.

Dig it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bánh_mì

I've been wanting to do this particular sammich for a while now but I don't want it limited to only the Viet style. Got some Korean bulgogi to slap on there? A slab of pork belly?

I declare October SOTM to be Banh Mi.

Go!

Back