food Sandwich of the Month

Damm TB, I have to apologize for my lack of participation here. We eat sandwiches almost every damm day, and sometimes it feels more like a curse. They just aren't that exciting. but this one is different, never made one of these before. I promise to try and do better. :lol:

I too have never made, or even had (to my recollection) Banh Mi.  I will get to researching and will post one this month sometime.

I'ma get mah sheeit on tonight.

I gotz teh little bay shrimps and some nice fresh baked bunz for some bahn mi accione'!

Piccy's manana'.

When I'm sober.

frydad4 needs to make one with his picklese, similar to the pickled veg of the banh mi (do chua).

The Hot Pepper said:
frydad4 needs to make one with his picklese, similar to the pickled veg of the banh mi (do chua).

I can't compete with Fiddy.

His joss is too strong.

The SoFlo picklese is Godzilla chingon!

Here we go y'all.

Shrimp Bahn Mi sammich.

Julienned onions, carrot, and garlic drizzled with olive earl sittin' in Black Betty.

Saute' 'em just a little as you want to keep some crunch on 'em.

After that throw down some little bay shrimps, USA wild caught of course, with a generous splooge of sriracha.

I bought a couple of fresh baked wwwwhole wwwwheat buns, soft and squishy, to hold teh spiceenesxct.
Slathered the buns with sweet thai chile sauce and sriracha mayo. Threw some hippy mixed greens on there, then the shrimps and carrot mix. Oh..and cilantro too!

Even after lightly toasting the bun, it was surprisingly light and airy. I shoulda' had more shrimps on there but I couldn't stop picking at them while they were in the pan gettin' all happy n' sheeit.

I Chairman Mao'd it right into my sammich hole.

I don't eat hardly any bread these days but this was got dang guud! 

In fact it was fantastic! 

Now I get it why this sammich is catchin' on. 

Whatch'all got? 

Climb the mountain and posty your sammich up!

Looks good! But never had lettuce on any I've had. Pickled daikon/carrot, cuke, jalapeno, and cilantro.

I can't remember the name of the truck but last year I had a sesame/garlic fried pork version of the one I posted. They used the spring mix and used the same mayo as I did. They also used the thin sliced cukes as you mentioned. It was damn good. I thought about adding some marinated cukes but when I went to the sto' somehow I didn't get them on my list and forgot about 'em. I haven't eaten them but have seen other Viet versions with the thin sliced radishes. On every version I've seen, the constant has been fresh cilantro. Funny. I can remember many years ago I hated the stuff. Some how my taste buds or my DNA changed. Now I put that stuff on everything. 

Looks good TB.  There are lots of Vietnamese people in and around the suburbs of Melbourne.  Most bread shops here run by Vietnamese make these sammies.  Most of the time they are on crunchy white baguettes with pork pâté, mayo, roast pork or three different pork cold cuts, pickeled carrot, cucumber, coriander (cilantro), birds eye chilli, green onion and whatever else you want on it that they have.  Bbq chciken is another alternative to pork.

Gonna do me up one.  Damn tasty and reasonbly healthy.  I usually inhale at least two a week.

DTS compadre, what kind of sauces do those Viet joints have to splooge on those sammich's? 

I gotta' think they have some pretty dang guud sriracha style types no?

geeme said:
Dang..... TB made a shrimp salad sammie. Only guy I know who can make a salad sammie look guuud!   :lol:

You call that a salad sammich?

Them's fightin' words!

I actually thought you'd be all over this one G and jump in here with your sumfin' sumfin'.

C'mon girl, posty up!

TB, here at least they don't put any sauce on them apart from mayo.  Some places might have sweet chilli sauce but you'd have to ask to get that put on.  Most of liquid component that would be in a sauce comes instead from the pate, mayo and liquids from the pickled carrot and sometimes they put on a green onion and soy type thingey.  Dunno how they make it.  They aren't telling either.

This pic looks the same as what we get around here.
wp54.jpg

Thas' what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Once again the Aussie's bring it not only with the cooking but what they have local.

Almost looks like they hollowed out the baguette.

And just look at the crust on that bread!!!

That 'thang looks super wombat chingon!

And got dang healthy too!

Gimme' 'dat 'thang!

I've gotten to the point where I have every confidence that TB can put shrimps on ANYthing......and make it awesome!

I was a little concerned about his greenage...but he explained hisself well enough that it made sense to my brain...so I'm all happy with it now.

Still....this might be the veggiest sammy invited to SOTM. I'm a little in love with it.....

Back