• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food Sandwich of the Month

TB haven't you been doing that all along?

:rofl:

texas blues said:
Guacahollah JDAM all up in the hizzy y'all!

mrs. blues rolled up to The Blues Crib earlier this evening and lo' and behold what does she have? She stopped at the local Try-N-Save and picked up 2 fresh made this afternoon WHOLE WHEAT BAGELS!

Apparently she had forgot about the old bagels she didn't eat in the fridge. I threw those in the garbage as they were like limestone.

So here's how I got my SOTM Leftover Sammich on.

I toasted a fresh whole wheat bagel, and added thin sliced tomato, swiss scheeze, and pickled xalapa.

Then I dumped a pile of leftover guac w/pineapple from 2 days ago on each slice for an open faced sammich style. I also had some leftover goat scheeze that needed to go away. I took some of the goat scheeze and rolled it around in a bowl of chile garlic sauce and dropped a big deuce on the guac.

I ain't too proud to steal stuff from anybody but I made this sheeit up my own 'sef.

True story.

The pina' guac rocks just as it is but when you tho' down that chile goat scheeze...that's a for true "come to Jesus" moment y'all! 

I ain't lyin'!

There it is y'all.

I just posted a leftover guacamole sammich.

Y'all GOTS to have some leftover's.

Posty up your dang bacon, pork, sweet potato, turkey salad, or whatever. (lasagna sammich)

Just look at the dang leftover Cubano that Sum/SoFlo posted.

C'mon now.

your idea is fine.  I am racking my brain.  Having a hard time coming up with anything new.

How about a hot sandwiches with gravy, like turkey, or beef, etc.

texas blues said:
Guacahollah JDAM all up in the hizzy y'all!

mrs. blues rolled up to The Blues Crib earlier this evening and lo' and behold what does she have? She stopped at the local Try-N-Save and picked up 2 fresh made this afternoon WHOLE WHEAT BAGELS!

Apparently she had forgot about the old bagels she didn't eat in the fridge. I threw those in the garbage as they were like limestone.

So here's how I got my SOTM Leftover Sammich on.

I toasted a fresh whole wheat bagel, and added thin sliced tomato, swiss scheeze, and pickled xalapa.

Then I dumped a pile of leftover guac w/pineapple from 2 days ago on each slice for an open faced sammich style. I also had some leftover goat scheeze that needed to go away. I took some of the goat scheeze and rolled it around in a bowl of chile garlic sauce and dropped a big deuce on the guac.

I ain't too proud to steal stuff from anybody but I made this sheeit up my own 'sef.

True story.

The pina' guac rocks just as it is but when you tho' down that chile goat scheeze...that's a for true "come to Jesus" moment y'all! 

I ain't lyin'!

There it is y'all.

I just posted a leftover guacamole sammich.

Y'all GOTS to have some leftover's.

Posty up your dang bacon, pork, sweet potato, turkey salad, or whatever. (lasagna sammich)

Just look at the dang leftover Cubano that Sum/SoFlo posted.

C'mon now.

That looks bangin'.  

I know this is a sammich thread... but that guac has me thinking of a snack I made yesterday.  Take half of an avocado in the skin, sprinkle with kosher salt and then sploog liberally with hot sauce.  I used Lucky Dog Black Label.  Can't get any simpler.  Sooo good.

I declare SOTM for February to be Sausage!

Grill it. Boil it. Use a zippo lighter. Whatever.

Put it between 2 pieces of bread.

Or on a french roll.

Or split open and eat it on Wonder bread.

C'mon now.

Whereda' sausage lovers at?

And that means you dang Aussie's too!

Didn't Aussie's invent snags?

My GOD what have I done?

I eated some sausage!

Some jalapeno cheddar snausage, onion, couple fresnos and jalapeno.

Black Betty'd that sheeit with some whole garlic cloves and then slapped it on a whole wheat bun with some melty schmelty jack and scheddar scheeze.

What?

I admit it.

I ate the shit out of this!

In fact I ate the whole damn 'thang.

That's about triple the amount of food I normally eat at a sitting.

Damn.

i won't most likely eat for 2 days now.

And when I do, it'll be some veggie or fish sheeit.

The sacrifices I make for this thread!

C'mon now.

Sacrifice your sheeit now.

texas blues said:
My GOD what have I done?

I eated some sausage!

Some jalapeno cheddar snausage, onion, couple fresnos and jalapeno.

Black Betty'd that sheeit with some whole garlic cloves and then slapped it on a whole wheat bun with some melty schmelty jack and scheddar scheeze.

What?

I admit it.

I ate the shit out of this!

In fact I ate the whole damn 'thang.

That's about triple the amount of food I normally eat at a sitting.

Damn.

i won't most likely eat for 2 days now.

And when I do, it'll be some veggie or fish sheeit.

The sacrifices I make for this thread!

C'mon now.

Sacrifice your sheeit now.

My god, WHAT have you done indeed! Appease the pleasure gods, that's what! That second pic dude that is how you freakin live life!!!!!

Shanks y'all.

Scovie has suggested a new THP term.

Sausage Selfie

I like to be liking it but alas.....this is the best I got.

Damn 'thang was wigglin' like a baby's arm while I was trying to take a bite and then a camera shot and I had to put it down to get the pic.

This shot is for you Jay.

Now posty up y'all's Sausage Selfie's and snaggy snag sarnie sammich's.

Back