• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

Essegi said:
Here i am! Where i live, we are strong on pork meat, and sausages are good. I'd say we have among the best sausages of Italy! They deserved to be cooked on embers and grill, but a pan is good too!
Here i used some standard sausages. We have also luganega (abused word, different from region to region) or morette wich are poor sausages with bloody parts... Normal sausages are better, but luganega is hardcore! :D Also other like salsicce col radeseo (or mortadelle, nothing to do with normal mortadella) wich are round and fatter...

Ok, i'm not good at making sandwiches, so you will see something not very elegant here not organizes... But i guarantee that was not healty too, so i should still earn some points! :D

Here pics of tonight:
iwClTeAnKfmf8.jpg

Cheese: Dobbiaco, Tosella, Asiago.
Sausages: Salsiccia, and Salsiccia all'aglio (with garlic)
Some nice roud pancetta (bacon) 1mm or little more thick
Bread: normal for hamburgers and other onion powered
pepper powder
ketchu
maionese (not in pic)
onions (not in pic and i forgot to take one of the pan)

Suasages:
ilXMMotvmxbfB.jpg

Formaggio, pancetta and salsiccie:
ibrZimBJEFlu05.jpg

Random mess:

idELPASLaKuex.jpg

ikpHfRsLFQAAS.jpg

ioVYDnBfcPIKH.jpg

iSPIRv52cE1D0.jpg

iAMD0WzITw0cE.jpg

if7tGh9fN6Qao.jpg

iWv5nuQ1epZGF.jpg

Have mercy...:)

More of a dog than a sandwich, but here is my effort from last night. Diced onion, capsicum, ham, pickled Jalapenos, tomato sauce, mustard, Habanero sauce, cheese. 

1_zps64cd0956.jpg

Frying the veggies. Instead of oil I used butter to grease the pan. Definitely can taste the flavour the butter gives it. 
2_zps2cd0bd3f.jpg

All piled on
3_zpscafce1c1.jpg

Let's eat!
4_zps7a78f7ed.jpg

Screw that Nelly guy!

This ain't no hip hop Wu Tang 'thang.

SoFlo and Sum laid down plenty rock up in this shizzle.

I'm down on it like a mutha'.

If SoFlo Sum & Fiddy don't post it, you don't want it.

Chingonaliciousnessess!

Sum's in the hizzouse! Meat wrapped sausage... Classic SoFlo excellence.

And HK is showing too! That is some good shit workin there mang. I would fork'n knife that thing aaaallll niiiight looong.

Lookin good people. Lotsa good stuff this month fo sho.

Maybe I can show this month if I get some Dinty Moore and pull the weenies out of the beenies.

Scoville DeVille said:
Sum's in the hizzouse! Meat wrapped sausage... Classic SoFlo excellence.

And HK is showing too! That is some good shit workin there mang. I would fork'n knife that thing aaaallll niiiight looong.

Lookin good people. Lotsa good stuff this month fo sho.

Maybe I can show this month if I get some Dinty Moore and pull the weenies out of the beenies.

Weeinies on beenies?

That's called artisan sausage with pork and bean reduction.

And HK.

Another stinkin' Aussie that makes sheeit goodern' hell!

HK rockin' it!

Just like all them stinkin' Aussies's do.

Back