• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

Thanks all (well, credit goes to butcher and cheese factory i have near home)!

Ah ah lol vinaigrette reduction! But i like it plain with sausages (and i agree it's somewhat a sin).
Here one of the preferred sauces by people with sausages is mayonnaise but it's not my fav. To tell the truth here in Italy we don't use lots of sauces.

I see some really nice Italian...Sau-seege sandwiches displayed.

Hmm.....I'l have to tunnel in a different direction...

Yellow, Orange and Red Habaneros (mkt), Red Cabbage, Hot German Mustard, Dough (prezel buns), German Veal Bratwurst, Red Onion, 

Shape dough into bun size lengths and float into a ... :liar: ...solution for 30 sec a side. Remove dough and place in a bagette pan, bake in a preheated 425 deg oven unto golden...cool on wire rack.

Brown Sausage on both sides in 2 tbl of Butter, add 1 bottle of beer. Simmer with lid on until needed (20 min)

"Colonel Hogan............What do I smell ? 

"Schultz.........You're imagining things.........Go back to sleep.."......................... :lol:

Slice the Habanero trio, Red Cabbage and Onion........add a pinch of Salt and Pepper ... braise  in 1/2 c of beer  until tender.

"Stalag 13 Barracks Brat"......... topped with a Cabbage/Habanero mix and a squeeze of German Hot Mustard. A  side of Spaetzle, ( Schultz's favorite....ha) chips and a Dug-Out Brew......German Beer.

The month is running out!!!
I just realized I only have a few more days to get my sausage on!!

Picked up some nice fresh Chorizo, Argentina-style! 
I splooged it out of the casing and formed it into a patty. 
Fried in the lodge. 
Sauteed with onions and jalapenos. 
Meunster, cuban roll, butter, tossed in the robot to see what happens. 

Good stuff!!! 

12685340305_a3b5b57115_b.jpg

12685808794_ab270cac34_b.jpg

12685484063_7aba92029a_b.jpg

So damn tasty!

Werd.

FD

PIC 1 holy shizz! I've had that white sausage on a pretzel bun, yours looks amazing! Love the braised red cabbage I always get that too. WOW!

FD4, I'm imPRESSED. For a sec I thought you posted bistec.

Daaaaaaaaang Fiddy.

You smashed the chorizo fun bags!

So nice so nice.

Muenster.

Its really only lard that tastes like cheese.

Goodern' hell.

Thanks, was pretty ok. The only issue with sandwiches made on the bot is they cut the hell out of my mouth. Oh well.

Scoville DeVille said:
I am sick and tired of not having that sandwich!

Hah Scovie, it's an awful feeling isn't it?? For once I was the one who had the sandwich.

I know what you mean about cutting your mouth. I have quit using the Panini "grill" side of the grill plates. I have been using the flat side and that is much better. Better crunch and less tough, less like biting into a bread-sawblade. The grill marks a pretty but that's about it.

Basil, Pickled Wild Red Onions, Garlic, Shallot, Hot Cherry Peppers, Italian Sausage, Mild Provolone, Tomatoes, Red Wine and Bread

Sausage rope was cut into for even lengths, browned in pan using 2 tbl Olive Oil. Sausage was removed and all but 1 tbl of remaining Oil was left in the pan. Mince cloves from one Garlic bulb along with one Shallot. Add 1 tbl of Oil to pan and saute the minced veg until tranlucent. Add can of (squeezed) plum Tomatoes along with a pinch of dried...Basil, Oregano, Crushed Rosemary and Thyme. Pour in  1/2 c of Red Wine, pinch of Salt and Pepper. Bring to a boil...reduce to a low simmer and return the Sausage to the pan. Simmer uncovered for 1.5 hrs, rotating Sausage occasionally. Remove from heat and cover until needed. Slice the Onions and 1/2" piece of Provolone into strips.

Plating shot...Bread was sliced to size, Sausage was placed into bun...(what !..... :stop: ).... :lol:  ....along with the stripped Provolone..... :shocked: and placed into a 400 deg oven until the cheese melts and the bread becomes crusty. The sliced Pickled Onions and the Hot Cherry Peppers were added.

"The Works Up Close"...............No lie, but the combo of the pickled ingredients along with the cheezy Sausage and Red Sauce on the crusty bread makes this one friggin tasty sandwich............March On.........

Back