food Sandwich of the Month

I dunno, but it needs a bump. TB, one mention of wine in your whole night? WTF?

Gimme' a frikken break.

I just got done cutting and trimming the grass.

Started the soaker hose.

86'd the wasp nests.

Dug up and destroyed that ugly ass grape drank colored ivy I loathe.

And I'm covered in sweat, bits of grass, and dog fur, head to toe.

Shower time after I finish my water.

Then I'm breakin' out teh hobo wine.

Trim before you mow.

Kill wasps at night whilst they sleep.

A flame thrower works on ivy.

Shower water puts out fire and waters the lawn when you are under rationing conditions.

Stick a straw in the bag o wine like an adult CapriSun.

Totinos Pizza rolls goes good with adult CapriSun.

I didn't know they made salmon pizza rolls :lol:

salmon pizza rolls ???? that's just gross!

The 'Kid and I massacred a 12" wide by 18" tall bald faced hornets nest yesterday.

Okay, let's hear it one more time for the cheesesteak. This time I mixed all the cheese (American and Monterey Jack in with the meat, onions, mushrooms and peppers. I cranked up the heat with a special limited sauce by Heartbreaking Dawn's called Goin' Blind (this sauce was only available at Peppers at the Beach 2012 Official Review forthcoming). Then I put it on the rolls and threw more cheese on top before putting it in the oven for a quick melty. Enjoy.

100_0626.jpg

100_0627.jpg

100_0628.jpg

100_0629.jpg

100_0630.jpg

100_0631.jpg

I like Jay.

I like Cheesesteak sammiches.

I like Jays Cheesesteak sammiches.

Everything is right in the world.

Alright y'all I'm in like Flynn.

Got Black Betty rockin' with onion, green bell, couple of fresno's, garlic, and olive oil.

IMG_3887.jpg

When I was at the Try-N-Save yesterday, I picked out a Nolan Ryan Ranch ribeye and had the chumps (and I say that while spitting on the ground because they ARE chumps) slice the meat up. I requested 1/8" but got 1/4" thick slices. Jagoffs.

Slapped that into the skillet with kosher salt and fresh ground blackness.

IMG_3890.jpg

Looking pretty dang guuud so far.

IMG_3892.jpg

The bakery dept. had these bags of cute little sourdough buns on sale. They beckoned me hither like a vegas hooker on saturday night at the Bellagio.

I really wanted provolone so I settled for crap they had at the deli. More on that shortly.

Loaded every 'thang up on a couple of the buns for mini-me style scheeze steak.

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3895.jpg

Looks good huh?

IMG_3898.jpg

But looks can be deceptive.

I was half in the bag and really hungry.

IMG_3896.jpg

I thought ever 'thang looked really outstanding with this sammich.

But I would rate it a FAIL.

The $11.98 a pound Nolan Ryan Ranch ribeye was not only sliced too thick but it was tougher than cow ass hide. What made it worse was I broke my own policy to not buy fancy name brand famous boutique meat. Its a scam just like buying Kobe beef. This sheeit was obviously carved off of a very large rat.

The fresno's had absolutely no heat whatsoever. Mother Teresa would have given them the finger.

The mini-me sourdough buns were flavorful but totally dense and tough. Sourdough can be chewy but this stuff was waaaay over the top chewy. I could have used a second set of teeth to get through the damn bread.

THP and I had a discussion a while back about what is good provolone. This crap was anything but. No smoky, nutty, flavors whatsoever. It melted okay but it was definitely made from rat milk.

I still have half of the cooked meat and veggies left, enough for 2 more mini-me's.

Its all going in the garbage.

I don't even want to give it to missylou.

:(

am confused ... 7/12 was cuban and 8/12 is cheese steak, right?

i realize what confused me, it's that i made cheese steaks in 7/12 when i didn't have cuban ingredients ...

Okay, let's hear it one more time for the cheesesteak. This time I mixed all the cheese (American and Monterey Jack in with the meat, onions, mushrooms and peppers. I cranked up the heat with a special limited sauce by Heartbreaking Dawn's called Goin' Blind (this sauce was only available at Peppers at the Beach 2012 Official Review forthcoming). Then I put it on the rolls and threw more cheese on top before putting it in the oven for a quick melty. Enjoy.

JT - i have to say, yours looks good ... from my own experiments a month or so ago, i think it's pretty much essential to melt some of the cheese in w/ the meat and veggies or it lacks authentic mouth feel ...

The longer I postpone making these - the more tips I find!!!!!!

This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :D

JT's rocking these out like he's sportin' a Food Truck! They just get better and better!!!!

TB's ready to punch some butchers in the face! Sucky Prov...well, that happens. Sucky beef?!?! UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!! (shoulda just stuck with the pizza rolls last night TB!!!!!)

Back