food Sandwich of the Month

I'd like to think scovie had enough hwhiskey last night that he couldnt remember his photobucket password.

Gm nice looking non sandwich. Pressure cookers are magical. Great idea reducing the stock as a sauce.

I'm blaming SD for misposting ... he Yo Dawg'd me w/ a screenshot of my post from the other thead in the SOTM thread ...That. Is. All.

Just weighed in, ugh ... have been bad lately.

Oh schwell, will wrap up this london broil and then be relatively out of the loop for a little while ... work is going to be a bit consuming and there won't be a need to cook for some time, really ...

It's hung out in the fridge overnight, and looked like this ...

bf091490.jpg

So, I cleared off the stuff to the left ...

bc77eaaf.jpg

And then flipped it and dressed it back up until it's time to do something w/ it later ...

a9abe7bf.jpg

Hmmm.

Some music for you while I build my post...

Humdinger CheeseSteak Sandwich.

- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 4 Fresh Jalapeños
- 4 Fresh Fresnos
- 2 Poblanos Fire roasted on the grill than peeled
- 1/2 White Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 5 Medium sized Brown Mushrooms
- 3 Boneless Rib-eyes
- Tillamook Cheddar, Habanero Jack, 1 fresh Trinidad Scorpion.

Everything went really fast after all of the prep.
Set the burners on Nuclear and let the Pan get all hot'n stuff
Sautéed the veggies in Veg Oil, and had a mixture of Better than Broth Bouillon, and Texas Creek Worschiterschire
Added dashes to the veggies, a little at a time just to steam them, and flavor them up a little.
Set aside.

In the Food processor (Charlie) goes Shredded Cheddar, Jack and TScorp.
Set that bastard on blast and watch a miracle right before your eyes.
Scoop onto Geeme wrap and fridge it until your ready. It's kind of like a spread at this point.

The Steaks went into the freezer for about an hour. That's when i panicked. I pmd TB real quick and he told me how to slice it.
I didn't want to just slap it on the slicer and screw the pooch right out of the gate.
He told me to make "like a thinner Pork Chop"... ahhh yes. Thanks TB, I owe you dude.
Anyway, Sliced it all real thin like thin Bacon, and tossed it with JayT's steak rub. OH HELL YES.

Toasting the buns, in the picture, one looks burnt but it's just that edge. trust.

Toss enough meat for one sammy at a time in the Jet-turbine hot pan, and immediately add some of the schezzz
Toss some veggies in, stir for like 10-15 seconds and dump on a bun.
more sheezez on top and take your shirt off.

This thing was so unbelievably awesome. Words cannot explain.

The best Philly CS I have ever had was down in the CD in Seattle, and this one kicked the doors off of that ride.

I will be making this for guests! Yep.

26abefb1.jpg

b8c7849b.jpg

483f8af6.jpg

f18defb1.jpg

e577a95e.jpg

141f3816.jpg

68b213f0.jpg

ea73953e.jpg

e7c85829.jpg

Damn Scovie, crank the slop factor to eleven. Great looking cheesesteak... and the good ones almost always have stuff falling out of them.

Friggin' awesome looking sammie there, Scovie!

But I gotta tell you, FAIL on the immitation geeme wrap. BOOOOOOOOO! :lol:

Scovie's sammich had a conniption fit on the plate.

Points off for the charred bun.

Needs more scheeze.

Still, its winning like the space shuttle going 110% on throttle up.

I would power fist that right into my pie hole!

Hahahahaha Thanks y'everybody.

I knew you were going to say that TB. So I added more, did you see the pile of cheese that was melted into the meat?
Then on top! Any more cheese, and there wouldn't have been anyroom for meat.

I think there's something in your box wine.

I'll take mine with a new roll and some more cheese! :)

But nice.

london broil ceviche'd w/ faux chicha ... well-denatured post jaccard-fest ...

c679156a.jpg

I postulate that slab is hydrophobic for most of 1/4" ...

If only I had some transglutaminase or bovine placental protease around to make THP happy ...

As it is, though, I'll have to settle for a minimally damaging sous vide bath ... since I can't renature it ...

a0b2ec2b.jpg

Surely one of you ranchers can ship me some bovine placenta?

Back