food Sandwich of the Month

Hey you can have all the man gravy you want. I am sure it is a fine gravy, but until SoFlo changes the name... Nope, not gonna do it.

You know? Sometimes it simply amazes me how some things fly right over my head.........

:doh:

Its because we're men.

You'll never understand us.

I got some meat to make tacos for mrs. blues but now she doesn't want it.

I know its cheese steak SOTM but I can't get sloppy joe's out of my noggin'!

Is that a sin?

Here's my first go a Philly.

Sweated some capsicum, onion and mushrooms in EVOO
P8101076.jpg

Thin sliced scotch fillet into a smoking hot CI pan

P8101077.jpg

I went with gouda cheese but next time it will be cheese splooge

P8101080.jpg

Still pink :)

P8101081.jpg

I've still go one of these left and I'll have another go with a different technique laters for a snack. Cheese splooge with bacon this time :D

P8101074.jpg

Gouda?

GOUDA?

It's like you're trying to kick some kind of addiction or something.

That said, I'd like to be addicted to your Philly. Damm dude. You don't quit.
That thing looks incredible!

Great Job.

Thanks CJ and Scovie. It was nice. Steak was very tender. But it's missing something. I think that something is cheese splooge and bacon. I'm going to grill the steak to med/rare then slice it and try it that way.

Looks good DTS. Strange this about Philly's is that they always cook the meat to at least Med.Well. I am not sure why, but I do the same since it is what I am used to,

DTS you could have won the sammich TD with that 'thang!

You melded everthang together perfectly.

The gouda melted over that still pink meat is killer.

Cheese steak Aussie style kicks ass!

Round 2. Not a Philly as such, but my take on a Cheesesteak

Browned the bacon, added milk and easy cheeze. At the assembly stage I reheated it and added grated gouda.
P8111086.jpg

Perfectly cooked scotch fillet

P8111089.jpg

I hollowed out the bread and filled it with thinly sliced steak and onion

P8111094.jpg

Reheated the cheese sauce and added grated gouda and poured it over and served with garlic fries

P8111096.jpg

Cut in half

P8111099.jpg

Just curious...does anyone do anything to the rib eye before slicing/cooking it? Flavoring wise?

I'm locked and loaded over here.....just working on my splooge factor tonight, then hoping to create some craziness mañana.

Really looking forward to this!!!!!!! I have the best instructors in the WORLD!!!!!! :D

Daaaaayuuuum DTS!!!!!!! The hits just keep on comin'! (that's a pop radio reference.....as in you are Da Bomb!!!!)

Was it even more awesome with the bacon added? duh!!!!!!!!! Garlic Fries? I could almost forego the Sammie for those....almost! :D

Back