food Sandwich of the Month

Let it rock hh. Do an oyster one, you should be able to pick a dozen.fry em up.
Nice bread, make a simple remoulade. Lettuce, Tomato, pickle, Louisiana hot sauce.

Simple. (or NOT Bold).

Good thing.
I think this thread is reserved for people who have NEVER made sandwiches before.

Blah p2k. C'mon bro. Snap out of this funk.

It's more fun when you're just a regular good natured jackass like the rest of us.

If you don't want to play, don't. It's all good.

But there are a bunch of new cats around here who don't know you and would love your stuff. trust.

Okay...F-me runin'...gettin' my catfish athawin', sent Scovie to the stoh for some sammie bread..and Guess What?!?!?!?!

Our po'dunk hickstore didn't have any proper "rolls" nor baguettes......DANGIT!!!!!!

So, what's a hick gerl to do?

Why Buck Up and figure out how to make her own I guess!!!!! ?

Ya'll know how I feel about making "dough"...but for SOTM, I've pushed myself beyond all bounds of "no way"!!!!!!!

So I'm doin' it.....you're seein' the train wreck in motion!!!!!!

First phase....just dough - from a "NO" French Bread recipe.....as in Nawlins........

oh crap I'm spooked......

file_zps05ed152b.jpg

Train wreck is putting it nicely...

A buddy of mine showed up whilst CJ was half way making her PoBread, and we proceeded to get,... Um...

"tipsy". She ended up taking her home, made pizza dough out of the freezer, (intended for the NWCF)...

So it went all kinds of another direction. Nothing ended up on the floor tho!

If any of the pictures came out, we'll post them up in the LGPT..

LOL!

That is the truly worst looking, best tasting bread I've ever made!!!!!!!!!

It was going oh so well....I think it got messed up in the 2nd rising part. Waaaaaay too dense for a sandwich, but probably perfect for dipping in spinach dip. Which is how I intend on burying my sorrow!

So - back to square one. I'm thinking I'll wait until next weekend, and try making another batch of bread. But now the catfish is thawed. crap. Maybe I'll just buy a loaf of the fat stuff at the store, and sculpt it into what I want.

I could sure use a little more inspiration from some more pics of others' triumphs!!!!!!!!! :D

Ya' know.

Ain't no shame in using plain old toasted pre-sliced white bread for a po'boy.

It may not be authentic but sure as hell is southern.

CJ, trial and error. That's all it is. Did you play with it to much? Prior to the second rise you only knead it a couple times. Maybe you already know this though.

You can do this!!

Nah - you've seen pics of my catfish and cornbread before. CJ was mentioning her catfish is thawed, but she hasn't made a Po Boy with it, and the cheesy cornbread and blackened catfish came to mind. MMmmmmmmmmm..........

The month is getting closer to the end.... where all the Po Boys????

Attachments

• SDC11487.JPG
    SDC11487.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 44
  • SDC11488.JPG
    SDC11488.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 44
  • SDC11489.JPG
    SDC11489.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 45
  • SDC11496.JPG
    SDC11496.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 48
Oh hail yeah Boom!

Talk about a sammich that's makin' me horny!!

I just dropped my drawers.

And that's just my style with the pickles and toms and the slathery splooge on them crispified shrimps.

That's some serious Down Under Mojofication!

The bread looks artisan fresh.

Is that one of your own loaves from the WFO?

Back