food Sandwich of the Month

G, the tomato slices were very juicy even for roma's.

The pics do look especially "saucy" and I think the toms were a factor.

The chiltepins in the remoulade really made it zippy and just dadgum tasty.

The flavors sound amazing. I intended to use capers when I made mine, but apparently the jar I had was sitting in the fridge too long - I tossed it. Thinking they probably added that little extra something to yours.

Po Boy is happening today

Attachments

• SDC11464.JPG
    SDC11464.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 57
Boy have i been missing out, Po Boys are unreal. Another reason to visit the States (I have about 10 or 20 reasons now.... all food related haha)

So have never made these before. Started with some Black Tiger Prawns, Scallops roe off and some gummy shark. Made a mayo, caper and paprika sauce (much like TBs')

Slice roll, spread sauce top and bottom. Layer rocket, also not a big fan of lettuce, slice cherry tomatos super sweet, and sliced dill pickles.

Seafood was coated in a mix of flour and panko crumbs (crumbs had been bar mixed) and Slap Ya Mama Hot Spices, all fried in some vegetable oil.

I think im in LOVE

Attachments

• SDC11467.JPG
    SDC11467.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 53
  • SDC11468.JPG
    SDC11468.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 51
  • SDC11469.JPG
    SDC11469.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 52
  • SDC11470.JPG
    SDC11470.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 61
  • SDC11471.JPG
    SDC11471.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 64
  • SDC11472.JPG
    SDC11472.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 55
  • SDC11473.JPG
    SDC11473.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 59
  • SDC11474.JPG
    SDC11474.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 58
Must... have... that... sandwich! TB I am really digging your remoulade too. I am not forgetting the SOTM, just still undecided on what I want to do.

Must... have... that... sandwich! TB I am really digging your remoulade too. I am not forgetting the SOTM, just still undecided on what I want to do.

I think you could do either an oyster po boy or perhaps a jacked up roast beef style or even a variation on a cajun meatball po'boy.

Do a grouper po'boy or a mangove snapper or even a mahi maihi stylel How about shelled and fried mud bugs?

Do it! Its that easy. A super killer po'boy could be a deep fried soft shell crab po'boy! Awesomenessess,

I;m thinkin' ambien po boy right now.

All you need is crispy fish or seafood. A good baguette. Some pickles and fresh toms and a spicy remoulade. Thats it!

Do it!

Schweeeet, Booma! That sammie looks HUGE - were you able to eat the whole thing?

Of course, i do tend to eat a whole lot more than your sposed to. Big appetite when needed. Couldnt fit all the seafood in the sandwich, so devoured the left overs as well

I know HOW to make them. I have been making them for years. Remember that Cajun/Creole is my favorite cuisine? I am just trying to decide what kind I want to make.

I'm gonna po boy again real soon, got a heap of fish scallops and prawns left, might he a regular occurrence I think. Except for the $$$$$$

Nice po' boys all around here!

Schweeeet, Booma! That sammie looks HUGE - were you able to eat the whole thing?

Actually looks kinda small. I think it's the pic. Or you thought those maters were regular size. :)

Back