food Sandwich of the Month

Trying being the key word here. JayT came back with nada. Booooooo. Had to use year old elk, and then TB wouldn't even let him post it.

Both times I had the chance to fish, had to work instead. Me mate got a couple of sharks each time as well. Still a few weeks left

How about a venison tenderloin tip sandwich? I could do that one. I was the recipient of some deer meat after all. Kind of feels like a participation award... :oops:

No Mayo.
No Potato Buns. ( especially toasted)
Lots of pickles.
Lots of Bacon, (not over done).
No Stringy Cheese.
Make sure the Wild Game was shot at least 300 miles away from any town limit.
cooked on a fire. ( no ovens or Stainless Pans for gawdsakes)
at least 4 drinks, (any less than that, and you gotta post in texMex)
bring some heat, like Black Pepper. oh wait... scratch that.

SOTM Wild Game

I give you venison tenderloin w/ sauteed mushrooms and swiss.

Steaks marinated in soy sauce, worchestershire, olive oil and black pepper, then patted dry given a nice dusting of sea salt, cracked black pepper, and Kung Pao powder then seared to medium rare. In the same pan mushrooms and a splash of water to deglaze and get all the yum yums off the pan. Then I added fresh chopped garlic and some butter. The thin sliced tenderloin goes onto an Amoroso Italian roll is covered with the mushrooms and garlic, then some of HH81, or Aaron's Pineapple Yellow 7-pot sauce and covered with two big slices of Swiss cheese. The sandwich is then put under the broiler just long enough to melt the cheese. Nirvana.

1001080b.jpg

1001082he.jpg

1001083v.jpg

1001084q.jpg

1001087nj.jpg

1001090t.jpg

1001091l.jpg

1001092f.jpg

Back