food Sandwich of the Month

Save SOTM.

Jay just did.

Outstanding looking sammich and the carne is cooked perfectly.

And who can resist the siren song of all that oozy goozinessessess?

Hot blue and chingon!

Yep, nope...still won't cook venison myself. But JT......I would absolutely try a bite, or five, of THAT sammie any day of the year!

'Round these parts you could financially sustain yourself with that sandwich recipe and a food truck! And then be called a "Hero" to boot! :D

But don't you need people to come to the truck to buy the food? How are they going to get to me. or do I have to do delivery?

Naw, you'd just have to find one or two places to park.....

Folks would show up in a flash....by truck, car, John Deere - whatever! They'd find ya!

Holy hell, JayT! That venison looks cooked perfectly to my likings. That sandwich is killer. Like a philly cheese game animal style.

One thing I took for granted livin up north was the game meat at your disposal... Now I ain't seen a lick of it in years :(

Yeah, I am lucky that even in a year that I myself didn't bag a deer, I have family and friends that did so I still haves some meat. Nothing like venison tenderloin!

Two pork chops pounded thin, dredged in flour spiced with habanero
powder, dipped in egg with habanero powder and tossed with panko
with habanero powder. Pan-fried and cheesed.

IMAG3264.jpg

IMAG3263.jpg

IMAG3265.jpg

So y'all, December SOTM wasn't quite a bust due to the holidays but thats okay.

For January SOTM I'm thinkin' Leftovers. RB or ham, turkey, whatever you got.

Put some leftover mashed 'tates on there.

I saw a post of Scovie's I think where he put boxed ghetto mac on a sammich.

C'mon wheebz and post up that leftover tot sammich.

Do it!

I'monnit. I have to admit tho, We bought a Cuisinart Sandwich Pannini griddler C3P0 thang.
I ain't sayin I'll try to quantify it in here, but I'm just sayin it will turn a leftover into a brand new
Wolgang Puck's envy.

Leftovers, huh... I love it!

Great ide'er there TB.

Nice! I just started a loaf of bread from scratch - anadama bread. The nice thing about this bread is it uses a touch of molasses - it's a good way to use up any leftover molasses from holiday cooking, yet it's still not a sweet bread.

Scovie ~ Cool. Posty up from the machine city with your Agent Smith panini chingaderra.

G ~ I 'member baking up some of that anadama bread with the 'lasses. Not my favorite but other folks sure liked to be liking it.

Posty up them leftumoveriches.

Back