food Sandwich of the Month

I didn't cut it in half, and there is no pic (you aren't getting that TB pose out of me!), but I did have ranch all over my face.

I'm in, caught at 5am this morning WooooHooo

image.jpg

I should have hit up Boca the last few days. Beaches were closed because of shark migration.

Soup with your sandwich anyone?

Yeah ... thousands, too ...

Gummy shark, need to bleed them right away and let the flesh rest in fridge or freezer

Yeah, that =) ... I don't have any first hand experience, myself ...

What I do have first hand experience with, and is probably why I only catch and release (cutting the line) at this point, is because I had a nasty infection from a cat fish prick as a little kid, and a more grave experience of a stonefish as a teen ... go look ...

Yes, it was unimaginably painful ... had never heard a word about them, despite having grown up boating/fishing ...

Nice catch Booma! How much did it weigh? Did you fight it for a long time? or did you just point at it and told to GET IN THE BOAT!!!
Here's what I want to see pictures of... (just a few)
Shark Sandwich.
Shark Soup.
Shark Spaghetti.
Shark Meatloaf.
Shark Burgers.
Shark Jerky.
Shark Wings.
Shark Dip.
Shark Cereal.
Pulled Shark Sandwiches.
Shark Pizza.
Shark Pie (or cake).
and my favorite... Shark Mousse.

Nice catch Booma! How much did it weigh? Did you fight it for a long time? or did you just point at it and told to GET IN THE BOAT!!!
Shark Sandwich.
Shark Soup.
Shark Spaghetti.
Shark Meatloaf.
Shark Burgers.
Shark Jerky.
Shark Wings.
Shark Dip.
Shark Cereal.
Pulled Shark Sandwiches.
Shark Pizza.
Shark Pie (or cake).

Add the word "fin" into every entry and someone will LOVE you... long time.

anyone else gonna cook anything interesting this weekend?

we picked up a couple racks of pork ribs for the sous vide - looking forward to erasing the memory of those spare's i had to endure alone since D wasn't a sport ;)

Shark Sandwich.
Shark Soup.
Shark Spaghetti.
Shark Meatloaf.
Shark Burgers.
Shark Jerky.
Shark Wings.
Shark Dip.
Shark Cereal.
Pulled Shark Sandwiches.
Shark Pizza.
Shark Pie (or cake).

Rightio home and cleaned, weight was 14 kgs / 30 lbs. Took about 10 minutes or so to reel in, tried conversing with the shark as it got closer to the boat, and to my suprise jumped into the net, hopped on board and decided to show off with a break dance, scattering fishing gear all into the water. Good times!!!

Shark Sandwich, soup, spaghetti, burgers, pizza and pie all sound good, may need a little booze for the rest.....

All up 27 fillets of shark
IMG_0074.JPG

You gotta try a couple of them blackened, Lousiana Cajun style! What was the length?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoFG7YGEcmw

Cover the shark in blackening seasoning here is a decent recipe http://allrecipes.com/recipe/blackened-seasoning-mix/, but I would add more chile powder. Heat a cast iron skillet on high heat, add a little oil, cook the shark until done. It will look smell like it is burning, but trust me it will be awesome. Oh and make sure that you have good ventilation or do it on your grill.

Back