food Sandwich of the Month

Picked up some Dover Sole at the stoh....

...now I gotta mull it over a bit to decide what I wanna do with it!

Nothin' like a li'l liquid inspiration to get the creative juices flowin'!!!!!! ;)

I've had that cooked for me in the past using a thin schmeer of mayo w/ a little rosemary and a spritz of lemon and it was killer ...

mayo is the culinary pepto ...

It'd make up for slow last month that is fo sho.

but, bleh, I still haven't even made it off the couch... Starting to feel better though. Time to try that whole drinkin beer thing again. And then prep some fish and shyte!

You guys better get moving! I just crumbled up my napkin and tossed out the crumbs! I took the easy way out and got some grease hot for a fry-out!

My Maddi Lou mixing up the hush puppies... can't have fried catfish without hush puppies

8543144852_f8426938e2_b.jpg

8543165506_2d9d4a9228_b.jpg

Gotta batter up the fish... a mix of House Autry spicy batter, bread crumbs, and Zatarain's creole seasoning

8543230146_dd6a9d5271_b.jpg

Fry @ 375 in Cajun Injector brand Southern Frying Oil (cottonseed oil.... cheaper alternative to peanut oil, and just as tasty!)

8542147881_26e9d97a1c_b.jpg

8543288300_7d9d94a267_b.jpg

Now the build.... Tartar sauce on the bottom, then the fish, then generously topped with homemade guacamole (with creole tomato dressing, sour cream, fresh avocado, and homemade jalapeno/serrano pepper hot sauce)

8543351486_16c9c69e6e_b.jpg

Topped with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and even more jalapeno/serrano hot sauce

8542255171_189b2186d0_b.jpg

Dig in!!!!

8542259689_3a3b8d6401_b.jpg

BOOM!!!!

That Sammie looks like a party on a bun!!!!!

TAAAAAA-STEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Great werks there Philly!

(and you're lucky to have such a pretty assistant!!!!)

OH damn! I was so close to getting cat fish instead of cod today. That sandiwch almost makes me wish I got it... Almost.

Hush puppys.. Good call.

I've started drinking again a couple hours ago. That 17 hours sober thing was rough.

Shitchyayuh! Phil!

That's a fine mess of catness and that sammich is certified food schwing!!! material.

I give it my top rating.

Chingon!

Yeah, I'm kinda worried about that with my sole too...pretty thin fillets for a full sized bun.

But your catfish creation looked plenty balanced from my house!!!!!! :D

Phil.

Phil.

You nailed that!
Down to the guac an puppies!
I like fish sandwiches with the thin slice of fried goodness like that! Excellent job!

Ain't it great to have lil helpers along for the ride too?!?!
I fully expect my youngin to be experts at making beer and frying stuff before they turn 16.
It builds character!

Well done, bro.

Back