food Sandwich of the Month

Cover the shark in blackening seasoning here is a decent recipe http://allrecipes.co...-seasoning-mix/, but I would add more chile powder. Heat a cast iron skillet on high heat, add a little oil, cook the shark until done. It will look smell like it is burning, but trust me it will be awesome. Oh and make sure that you have good ventilation or do it on your grill.

word to the wise..... instead of adding oil to the pan, coat your fish with butter. Let the butter cool on the fish and then coat the fish with your blackening seasoning. Sorry JayT... Real butter is the way to go for the oil element. Trust me!

Comin from a man from LA. Please believe!

I have never tried making blackened fish, so thanks to JT and that link, its gonna happen. But using Phil's butter deal.

I'm going to the store in a bit for fish to make a sammy for SOTM, but I been torn between breaded, and fried in oil or go the blackened route... time shall tell.

Comin from a man from LA. Please believe!

I have never tried making blackened fish, so thanks to JT and that link, its gonna happen. But using Phil's butter deal.

I'm going to the store in a bit for fish to make a sammy for SOTM, but I been torn between breaded, and fried in oil or go the blackened route... time shall tell.

Even if you don't use the blackened fish for this SOTM challenge, try it out and let us know what you think!

First time we ever "officially" blackened anything. Back when SOTM was Po'Boys...
Yeah, I'm a little proud. :)

CJ's Blackened Catfish Po' Boy~~~~~~finally!!!!!!

I love catfish!
Now I love po' boys.
This could mean trouble.....

Big THANKS to Scovie for manning the grill for me!!!!!!!!! :D
And thanks to everyone else for their tips & tricks! ;)

file-104.jpg

file-105.jpg

file-106.jpg

file-107.jpg

file-108.jpg

file-109.jpg

file-110.jpg

file-111.jpg

file-112.jpg

Heck yeah! That's how it's done! That is one fine lookin' blackie sammie!

What kinda sauce is that? Almost looks like a remoulade sauce

Yeah, she made a remoulade sauce, and it made the Po'Boy!

LOL! The remoulade has everythang but the kitchen sink in it!

I planned on making my own Creole Mustard....but that needs to sit for 3-4 weeks! Who knew!!!!

So, it has green onions, celery and garlic...minced.
A bit of ketchup, stone ground mustard, horseradish, and mayo.
A few splashes apple cider vinegar, SL's worcestershire, and Crystal.
Then I saw the capers, so rinsed and chopped a Tbsp or so of those.
A good dose of paprika, and my own cajun seasoning, and a few shakes of red savina.
Pinch of thyme, tarragon and a couple pinches of chopped parsley.
Then I motor-boated it whilst streaming in some olive oil.

Wish I'd have made it a few days earlier, as it keeps getting better and better!

Managed to drag my hungover, lazy ass off the couch and made it to the store. Luckily cod was on sale so I bought a couple pounds, and some other shut needed for a classic fish sammich. I'm thinkin beer battered with homebrew. Yep.

For real, I feel like death this morning, blehhh :sick:

Managed to drag my hungover, lazy ass off the couch and made it to the store. Luckily cod was on sale so I bought a couple pounds, and some other shut needed for a classic fish sammich. I'm thinkin beer battered with homebrew. Yep.

For real, I feel like death this morning, blehhh :sick:

Homebrew Batter Fishy...that sounds AWESOME!

Try munching on a couple fresh oranges.....that always seems to take the edge off when I'm feelin' crunchy from the night befoh'!!!!

Yeah what she said... What the heck is HOTD??

I don't have any oranges... I could probably rob a couple from the neighbors yard :think:

Actually. I think Ima try the beer method for a hangover cure..... Wish I had the fixings for a bloody mary right about now!

Back