food Sandwich of the Month

Alright, but got a problem forgot the pics, just the mess left afterwards. DAMN!!!!!!! Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was so good, used 2 fillets, got 25 left, pretty sure what the rest are going be turned into

IMG_0084.JPG

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAH just kidding got more pics than you could poke a stick at. Sorry :P :P :P :P :P lots of pics

So got some shark, LDHS, tomato, pickles, slaw, blackening mix and a parmesan roll. This tasted unreal, now i cant decide with i prefer this or a fried seafood PoBoy, hmmmm tough one. Especially with fish this FRESH

IMG_0076.JPG

Shark all covered in mix, used the butter method

IMG_0077.JPG

Bun chopped and smothered in LDHS mixed with a little mayo

IMG_0078.JPG

Thrown on the Grill :fireball:

IMG_0079.JPG

Bun, LDHS, Tomato, Shark, Slaw, Pickles, almost ready to devour!!!!!! :surprised:

IMG_0080.JPG

Sitting on the deck, sun blaring, Whiskey and SOTM

IMG_0081.JPG

BOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!

IMG_0082.JPG

Sliced

IMG_0083.JPG

Wait... what time is it in Australia? I know it ain't peanut butter jelly time!

Make another one of those Booma for your next meal. Risk the mercury poisioning... live for the moment.

Oh... you sandbagging son of a bitch!

Oh my GAWD!!! I'll bet that tasted fantastic! I LOVE the herbal coverage!!!! And the slaw! Damn the slaw!!!!!!

Booma, you got my vote, bro.... that just looks amazing

Booma...you sooooooo DELIVERED!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:

I almost had a coronary at your first "poser" pic tho! Ya got me! :)

Seriously......that was a truly tremendous SOTM!!!!!!!!

Well...It's still "tonight" in my house...so here goes!

The players...Dover sole as the star. Crumbed up w/ equal pts bread crumbs & parm, lime zest, garlic pdr, white pepper, and a good few shakes of SethSquatch's Fatalii pdr. As I was trying to get the breadcrumb mix acquainted with the sole, I remembered sumthin' GM mentioned, and did a li'l mayo mix rub to really get the crumbs to stick - with enthusiasm! good call.

file-1231.jpg

Given that Scovie was grousing about frying my feesh, I decided to broil the slim fillets on my own. And so that happened...
file-1149.jpg

Oh! So the mayo mix....mayo (duh), lime juice, minced capers ( i pretended they were TB's chili-pins..or whatever those are!), finely butchered parsley, some lime zest, a skosh of garlic pdr, and a dollop of SL's "pear-hab" sauce (I've long forgotten its proper name/label!...it just rocks!)...and then 2 more bigger dollops of it. Tasted it and tapped of few shakes of the Squatch's Fatalii pdr, for juju purposes.

file-1198.jpg

The FishWitch....
Bread-n-Butter pickles, Dover Sole fillets, shredded iceberg lettuce mixed with MayoMojo...(oh, and at the last second, before toasting ma buns, a li'l slather of Crystal Butter...jus' for good measure!) ;)

file-1224.jpg

Best effort at a "money shot"....

may have got text out of synch here somewhere...but y'all get the idea!
Most fun I've had "cooking" in a long time!!!!!! What a Blast! Thanks peeps!!!!!!!! :D

file-2192.jpg

CJ that looks amazing! I am so glad we are doing fish this month.

Booma, for those that do not know, did not even know what "blackened" was before a couple nights ago. Hard to tell from those pics. I say you are a savant in the kitchen sir. Add to that, that you went out and wrangled that gummy with your bare hands and that is why you are my new hero.

Hell yeah... Loogit all them fish sandwiches in a single night! There ain't one that I wouldn' shove down my throat.

JT the fish sandwich Idea was great. I may be good for a couple more this month. I am still craving mine from last night.

That fish sammie looks killer CJ ... yum.

I'm going to have to do some fresh grouper again this week!

I was going to post up in here last night, or DC, but I got ahead of myself w/ the inebriates and apparently could only muster up a "Nice looking sammies tonight" comment to HTH and Booma's presentations ... and then I slept half a day until a lil bit ago ... am human now.

Back