food Sandwich of the Month

I got one for ya! Tex-Mex Sloppy Joe

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs 81/19 ground beef
1/2 diced onion
1/2 diced bell pepper
2 finely diced serranos
2 Tbs chopped garlic
2/3 bottle Stone Levitation Ale (drink the rest)
i small can tomato sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tbs chili powder
1 Tbs cumin
1 Tbs coriander
2 Tbs Apple cider vinegar
2 Tbs Worchestershire
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs hot sauce, I used a bhut sauce

sweat the veggies, add the garlic, add the meat and seasonings and cook until browned, add the beer cook until reduced a bit, add all the rest and cook until the right consistency. Pile on potato roll, add pickled jalapenos, cheddar and jack cheeses, crushed up Fritos. Drink a cerveza and a shot of tequila and shove it in your face.
69E7F6DE-F1E0-437C-8558-50484B46427E-34968-00000999E69EFB95_zps62729868.jpg

Love me some Martin's potato rolls. They are perfect with anything, but it looks like this pic was taken from the back. The "plumber shot" if you will. :rofl:

I agree Martin's are damn good but...

Ya' really wanna' know what Jay does with those buns?

RUMINT reveals that he pulls the two halves apart and then puts them in a pot filled with water and puts a plate on top to keep them submerged. After about an hour they soak up all of that h tee oh like a sponge. He then takes a "sponge" and presses it in his tortilla press and then heats 'em up in his cast iron pan.

That's how he makes his stinkin'WRAPS!

And that's not the worst part even.

He puts all manner of heinous crap on 'em.

Like so called bbq'd oven ribs or a baked ribeye or microwaved hot dogs splooged with mayonnaise and sprouts.

tsk. tsk. tsk.

And to think our government allows this man to reproduce.

1,000 grain bread.

1,000 year old chinese eggs.

I dunno' the diff.

I like to be liking that robot tuna chingaderra but what's in it?

Tomato's.

Green thingy's.

Could be xala's or pickle.

Spill it hombre.

The red is tomatoes I added AFTER the melting process. I don't like warm maters.

Green is pickle. Melt those.

The cheese is... Hmm. Could be anything. I think maybe white american. or provolone.

I never ever put pickles on a tuna melt, but since I made the Tuban it was all over. Pickled tuna melts are the way to go.

Nuthin wrong with mcpickles in the tuna sandy.

I have been known to splooge some hot dog relish in the tuna gloop once or twiced.

Sounds good, HTH. I don't usually care for pickles with tuna, but cucumber is a whole 'nother story. But then, I've never done a hot tuna sammie..... hmmmm.

The red is tomatoes I added AFTER the melting process. I don't like warm maters.

Green is pickle. Melt those.

The cheese is... Hmm. Could be anything. I think maybe white american. or provolone.

I never ever put pickles on a tuna melt, but since I made the Tuban it was all over. Pickled tuna melts are the way to go.

So no hot stuff huh?

I fail to see how that is not a FAIL,

I feel like I recall that open-faced might have been taboo, but I checked the initial post and I don't see anything to that effect so taboo it is ...

Ciabatta infatuation continues ... this time we're applying a nice layer of full-fat Philadelphia & chopped raw Red Savina ...

Arrange a little bit of fresh cilantro and jarred jalapeno slices ...

Baked relleno courtesy of TJ's ...

Yes, really. It's like a fiesta up in this hizzy ...

Ciabatta is the new steak ...

It's bits ...

You like bread like this in fondue and you know it ...

Bi-winning.

Back