food Sandwich of the Month

I don't know that I have ever seen a fillet mignon roast. Not sure what that is, but whatever it is, I would eat that sandwich. Maybe add a little horsey sauce to it.

I don't rock the horse personally - no wasabi, no arby's, not even mustard with too much of it ...

I'll call out the Achilles - the lack of char on the roasted peppers ... next time I'll use the jarred roasted red bell strips (or get out the brulee torch) ...

It was good though, great mouthfeel ...

No clue what that cut is either, I thought it was called beef tenderloin when it was still at length ... maybe it's for customer recognition?!? ...

The mignon is the smaller end of the tenderloin, so maybe that's what it is... or it has the mignon part at one end... lookin' good. Perfect for sammies.

I'm diggin it. If it was me, I would love it MD Pit Beef Style with some thin sliced raw onions, and their signature sauce mayo with apple cider vinegar and black pepper. Either that or some horseradish mayo with a few thin slices of fatalii.

Yeah. You can almost hear TB's outrage right now at the very thought of the fajitas I'm going to make w/ filet mignon roast ... it's not going to be a big hit with Texas, I promise ...

I'm diggin it. If it was me, I would love it MD Pit Beef Style with some thin sliced raw onions, and their signature sauce mayo with apple cider vinegar and black pepper. Either that or some horseradish mayo with a few thin slices of fatalii.

I've never had that, but I think I saw an episode of D,D,nD with pit beef ... I'll have look into that sauce ... I'm always open for ways to remix mayo ...

Horseradish is a must for any roast beef sammie. I'm with jay on this one. Mix it into the mayo, lay it on... some pickles... some fried onion strings. (Hot onion strings on a cold roast beef sammie, try it. The crunch and hot vs. cold add a neat contrast.)

Horseradish is a must for any roast beef sammie. I'm with jay on this one. Mix it into the mayo, lay it on... some pickles... some fried onion strings. (Hot onion strings on a cold roast beef sammie, try it. The crunch and hot vs. cold add a neat contrast.)

I do not have appreciation for any radish anything that I'm aware of, not to date ...

Oh, and a vehicle it was!!!!
The best bread I've ever baked, I swear.
I'm a no-knead nerd now, gotta look more into this phenomenon!!!

The smoked "corned beef" from a package...
It was salty.
But it wasn't TOO salty. It was salty like you expect pastrami or corned beef to be, no more than that.
I rinsed it in cool clear water before I rubbed it in a salt-free pastrami rub.
Good thing. Adding salt would have been a mistake!

The bread was a masterpiece. I'm going to make that a regular part of my steez.
Made it into pastrami sandwiches in the robot.
Added mustard blended with Rocketman's habapeno powder. I put that shit on everything!
And swiss cheese. Buttered the bread, and then trusted the technology.
Many busch lights were injured during this process. RIP.
Good stuff!!

FD

Thanks guys.
I was a little apprehensive, even though I've done this before.

Now, two trials in, I HIGHLY recommend smoking packaged corned beef!!!!

Just make sure to rinse your meat first, it wouldn't hurt to soak it for a little bit, even.
Make a salt free rub and smoke away. Black pepper, coriander, garlic.
You'll love it!

Back