seed-train Scorched Train 2015-2016

CAPCOM,

I have replied back to your PM, I'm definitely ready for the train to arrive, I can't wait to see what goodies are in store. I've got some nice varieties to add to the choo choo as well!

OK then, it'll leave on schedule.

About the list of seeds, so as not to ruin the surprise that some may wish to keep in tact, I will pm the list to those you want to see it. But keep in mind, there is a whole lot more already on the train and surprisingly, diverse.

Just 5 more stops, hard to believe we're almost through round 1 already. Thanks to all that the train has been to. We've had no major delays and for the most part 2 stops per week. Let's keep it rolling....Choo Choo

Not to press the panic button, but i'm getting kinda worried about the USPS Priority mail shipment from CAPCOM.  It looks like the USPS received it, sent it to the regional sorting center, it left there..but then no update since. The estimated delivery date was yesterday, and didn't get it in either yesterday or todays mail. I know that there is bad weather in many places, so hoping thats the cause of the delay. Even tried calling USPS Delivery Tracking dept, and they are so backed up it wouldn't even put me in queue to talk to a cust svc agent.  Just wanted to give everyone an update. I'm checking the USPS a couple times a day looking for new status updates.

I you called USPS and they are backed up so much you couldn't talk to someone, That pretty much spells it out.

THEY ARE BURIED.

Have the patience needed to wait for a flower to turn to a ripe pod.

Let's call it bad weather for now. Around the holidays the same happened to me with CAPCOM's wild thing seed train. Missed the delivery date and no update to the tracking page at all. Came a day or two later.

Texas must be a loooong way from here. still no updated info. that's kind of alarming for tracked priority mail.

If some seeds weren't 100% dry they could potentially die if they're being stored or misplaced somewhere that isn't climate controlled.  (this also includes mailboxes, keep in mind)

Hopefully we'll hear good news soon!

btw, I've already started many of the seeds I picked up off the train, looking good so far!

I think tomorrow a inquiry should be initiated. package was last scanned in Elk Grove village. that is the major distribution hub for the Midwest. nothing since leaving there at 19:29 on the 7th.

I could have delivered it by now.

Really hope it shows up and that it's just a delay from weather. Would be a damn shame for the train to have gotten this far and be lost now.

Scorched said:
Really hope it shows up and that it's just a delay from weather. Would be a damn shame for the train to have gotten this far and be lost now.
You dont think they opened it and got concerned about the powder do you? would like to be a fly on the wall when they taste it like they do in the movies to confirm what drug it is.

Best of luck getting an answer. It has to be at least 3 business days past the promised delivery date before  they'll even talk with you. Oh, and the tracking doesn't do squat. If everything works, it tells you where the package is at. If things go south, it isn't of any help. Plus, if they do find it, they'll never tell you what happened, cause they don't know.

Yeah, I've been down this path with live bees. It didn't end well.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer. At least with seeds, if they didn't leave them out in the pouring rain, there is a good chance they'll survive.

CAPCOM said:
You dont think they opened it and got concerned about the powder do you? would like to be a fly on the wall when they taste it like they do in the movies to confirm what drug it is.

They might destroy it thinking it's a chemical weapon  :fireball:

Bummer.  Hope the train gets back on track soon.

I germinated a bunch of seeds I took off the train.  Good germ rates so far!

Update - Unfortunately  I still didn't get the package in the mail that came today. I did call the USPS again today, and I was able to get through this time. The lady I spoke with really couldn't give me any other information other than what we can see online, that the last scan was Jan 7th in Elk Grove, IL.  She did officially open up a "case" on this, she seemed to think if this region was having holiday backlog or weather issues that there's still a chance the package could be delivered. i'm supposed to hear from a USPS supervisor within 1 business day.  Case # CA121191295 in case anyone's interested.  Lets hope for the best.

Back