seed-train Scorched Train 2015-2016

Yeah thanks for trying to get this sorted out Texas, and again to Scorched for starting this.  I am wondering if i need to go ahead and order some seeds from somewhere now,  i had planned on using the train to supplement what i already have to start my grow later this month (and of course adding whatever i can back to the train).  I guess i will wait a few days and see what happens but i can't wait too long if i want to get started later this month.  I was really looking forward to this so hopefully they find it.  If not though it really sounded like it was loaded up and i am glad some people got some really cool stuff out of it.  

juanitos said:
i think scorched took some out at stop 10 incase something bad happened like this? anyway yeah give it till the end of the week atleast.

I did take out a few but unfortunately there weren't many duplicates. With as many seeds that were in the box I expected there to be a decent amount of dupes but there were only maybe 3 varieties. Everything else was original. I didn't even realize there were so many freakin varieties of chiles out there until I went through that train. I'm keeping calm for the most part but gotta say I'm a bit f'd off. That train was just full of some amazing stuff that you amazing people were generous enough to share and the post office just loses it (if it is lost). If it's lost I'll see what I can do to start another but my supplies are starting to run low. I'm part of 2 different trains, contributed to this one twice, have had a bunch of giveaways but I will put something together and continue on if the worst case has happened. This delay sucks for you last few participants. Seed starting is either here or right around the corner for some. For now I'll cling to the hope that it's found.

Scorched said:

I did take out a few but unfortunately there weren't many duplicates. With as many seeds that were in the box I expected there to be a decent amount of dupes but there were only maybe 3 varieties. Everything else was original. I didn't even realize there were so many freakin varieties of chiles out there until I went through that train. I'm keeping calm for the most part but gotta say I'm a bit f'd off. That train was just full of some amazing stuff that you amazing people were generous enough to share and the post office just loses it (if it is lost). If it's lost I'll see what I can do to start another but my supplies are starting to run low. I'm part of 2 different trains, contributed to this one twice, have had a bunch of giveaways but I will put something together and continue on if the worst case has happened. This delay sucks for you last few participants. Seed starting is either here or right around the corner for some. For now I'll cling to the hope that it's found.

If you started a new train I would like to be on it.   I have been giving away quite a few seeds.  I could probably send you 10+ seeds or 40 or 50 varieties to get a new train started.  A lot of them are more common 7 pots, scorpions, and habaneros, but have a few new ones purchased where I got 20 or 30 seeds but don't need that many to get a few plants started.  Just like to keep some spares around but could help start something.  I missed getting on all these trains when they started as I wasn't on the forum much at the time they kicked off. Would probably be too late to get them started for this year, but could always save for next year.

moruga welder said:
anything in particular that you are looking for Parker49  ?      :onfire:
Hey moruga I don't necessarily know. I just had a running list of things and I was going to go through the train like a kid in a candy store :). I guess I had heard great things about brain strain, manzanos, and some of the aji varieties and will definitely order some of those online.

moruga welder said:
i have some brain strain,  AJI lemon drop , if theres anything else that you might like just send me your addy and i will mail you some seeds my friend .
That's awesome of you to offer. I'll send u a pm.

If this train is lost, and I hope not!, I can provide 4 or 5 lots of seeds to restock another box car. Just let me know. Nothing unusual, but it should help.

TexasHP, if you get too busy to handle dealing with USPS or just don't want to just let me know and I'll take over calling them and trying to find out what's up. Not sure what your situation is and whether you even have the time to deal with it. I've got plenty of time on my hands. Just let me know, don't want to dump this all in your lap. Thanks for contacting them and getting the ball rolling.

Thanks to all who have offered seeds. Will wait til Friday and see if we hear anything before making any decisions on starting a replacement train. We still have 5 people on this round who still need to be visited.

Update -  After I had called the USPS Priority Tracking on Monday and they opened up a case on it, I did hear back from a local Postal worker who basically said that the package was never scanned here locally (duh no kidding) and that he couldn't help me. My thought was then why did you even call to tell me nothing. He said that it was being escalated to "Consumer Affairs" division and that I should get a call back in a day or two. Since today is the 3rd day and still no call back, I called the USPS Priority tracking again. Spoke to John who said that someone should have called by now, he was "re-escalating" it and was requesting I get a call back today. Not holding my breath but that it the latest.

Scorched - I may take you up on the offer of tracking/updating this after my next update - I appreciate the offer.

Have some GREAT NEWS!

Just got a text on my phone with an update on the Seed Train package. Apparently it was just scanned in the Dallas Regional facility about 10 minutes ago. That must mean they have the package, hopefully I get it tomorrow or latest Saturday.  Lets keep our fingers crossed that the train is really back on track!

Hot diggity fucking damn (excuse my language). Got my fingers and toes crossed. I tracked it on USPS site and it does say arrived @ Dallas, TX at 6:06 PM. Thanks again  for dealing with USPS on the phone TexasHP, really do appreciate it. Hopefully it's all there and not damaged.

Lol. I've had fresh peppers from Texas in sfrb sent to cali. Took 14 days.. don't worry folks....it had gone from San diego to la to san diego to la and finally closer to me. ...mind yoi sfrb 2-3 days priorty

Back